View Poll Results: Would you Want the Steelers to match an offer or get a 1st rounder

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Match Offer

16 72.73%
  • Take the first round pick

6 27.27%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you rather have Wallace or a 1st round

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient

Would you rather have Wallace or a 1st round

I know I have said before I think we will lose Wallace and many of you think I am paranoid, but if he reaches even 1500 yards this season, someone will give up a first rounder for him. So, would you rather the Steelers match the offer or get their 1st round pick. The first and third round tender is not a part of this CBA. I know because I read it.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Is this a joke..

Starter
    we are talking serious money give his age and production ... gonna be interesting ..

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Is this a joke..
    No, why would it be a joke? We seem to have very little trouble drafting WR's as of late and Sanders and Brown are coming along nicely. Which would you rather have? Thinking about a deal that Randel El got after 2005 SB, and Larry Fitzgerald's deal, if someone offers Wallace 5 years 50 million like Holmes got, I am not sure I want us to match that offer.

Starter
    just to throw this twist in there ... Jeffery, Blackmon, Floyd, Fuller ... not like we would go WR, but this is going to be a great class ..

he will get an offer for equal to or greater than holmes .. most likely greater imo .. al davis could make him the highest paid WR in the league with how much he likes deep guys lol ...

This depends completely on the player. Some players will take a pay cut to get to a team they want to be on.

But if he's about the money, the Saints, his home town team have a huge amount of cap room. The Panthers and Bucs also have a lot of money to spend, and young quarterbacks who need more weapons.

Steelers are not going to be able to match offers with Panthers, Bucs or Saints. Steelers need to spend money on the offensive line, if they match an offer from these teams who can pay a lot of money, you can bet the Steelers wont have a good offensive line for years to come.

Steelers will probably franchise tag him for a year, so maybe by the year after the Steelers will be able to match offers without sacrificing other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    just to throw this twist in there ... Jeffery, Blackmon, Floyd, Fuller ... not like we would go WR, but this is going to be a great class ..

he will get an offer for equal to or greater than holmes .. most likely greater imo .. al davis could make him the highest paid WR in the league with how much he likes deep guys lol ...
    If were taking a 1st round pick for him and we end up having two in the first rnd. The BOTH need to be olinemen. If them guys you mentioned fall in 2nd 3rd rnds then its all good. But right now we need Olinemen who can make a difference so we can get back to running the ball effectivley and setting up the pass.

Smfh, I pretty sure the Steelers won't make the same mistake twice. This is a dumb question. If you're seriously considering pulling a "Santonio" again idk what's wrong with you. Even if we did get a first rd pick, that player could be a bust.

Steelers still have ways to control him, and he is clearly the best receiver on the team now.

Who would rather have a first round pick to try and GUESS on a player, when you already have arguably one of the top five receivers in the league...IMO.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityVoice View Post
    Who would rather have a first round pick to try and GUESS on a player, when you already have arguably one of the top five receivers in the league...IMO.
    This is pretty much the logic behind my, "is this a joke" comment.

Thread Information