Thread: Some Arians trivia (and introduction)

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville

Some Arians trivia (and introduction)

I introduced myself in the"New Addicts" forum but thought it would be good to reiterate my hatred for Arians here.

A couple trivia questions:
    1. What QB-WR combo has the best record in the history of the NFL for down-field (long) pass plays?

2. What NFL team has two of the fastest WR's in the NFL and an elite QB?

3. What NFL team got their butt handed to them in week 1, and were down by 10 points when they got off the bus, but failed to call a single down-field pass play?

4. What NFL team did what every analyst in the NFL world said not to do (be pass happy allowing Freeny and Mathis to tee off) and darn near lost in a game they were heavily favored in last night?

Answers:
    1. Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Wallace
    2. The Steelers
    3. The Steelers
    4. The Steelers

Any doubts that I think we would be better off with Joe Blow as an OC?

Arians system is proven, but the play calling sucks. With the Steelers O-Line, you can't run the ball effectively without a FB or some type of lead blocker. When it is 2nd and 20, you don't call a bubble screen to Hines against arguably the fastest defense in football. You don't hand it off to Mendenhall on 1st and 10, 15 times in a row and expect to get more then 1 or 2 yards per carry. And then when he does cal lplay action on 1st down, what happens? An 81 yard TD and a 30 yard pass to Heath. When your OT's are getting killed by the DE's, you don't line up in 5-wide sets leaving them with no help only to get your QB destroyed.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's almost like Arians entire game is scripted, no matter what the down and distance or situation (ahead or behind).

How many times did we run (or try) up the gut last night?? Who was sending in those plays??

How many times did they roll Ben out away from pressure?? Yep!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Welcome to the party

I swear, this team's play calling is more predictable than the sun coming up tomorrow. You could see that the Colts were teeing off on the run on every first down with eight or more players up in the box. What do you do? Run the ball right into the line. No play action, no throwing out of a running formation. SSDD

Veteran
    BA: We need more slow developing running plays, and especially more bubble screens.

My Mood
    Impatient
    I will say though, I read on twitter during the Seahawks game that he was instrumental in the Steelers drafting Wallace. So, since then, I have forgiven a lot more or his mishaps.

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I will say though, I read on twitter during the Seahawks game that he was instrumental in the Steelers drafting Wallace. So, since then, I have forgiven a lot more or his mishaps.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile also. It is amazing everyone knows what gonna be called but we keep on winning in spite of him...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information