Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whisenhunt exit leaves Grimm atop Steelers' coach list

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd have no problems with his decision, well some problems maybe but in any event I just cant stand when somebody tells you one thing and does the complete opposite, as in his case.

The main problem as you mentioned is that we'll never know all the parameters involved before he got the job offer so we can't say for sure what the situation was all about, and we'll never know most likely. Oh well, and yet we're still here being sports fans like always

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I'd have no problems with his decision, well some problems maybe but in any event I just cant stand when somebody tells you one thing and does the complete opposite, as in his case.
    This part bothers me as well but it's been happening so much lately that it's becoming the norm and should just expect it to happen. I don't know if you caught the Saban interview on ESPN last night but they asked him why he said he was not interested in Alabama but yet he jumped ship anyways... his comment was something to the effect that if he had answered "No Comment" when being asked about Alabama that people and the media would have drawn their own conclusions and would have probably said that "No Comment" meant he was thinking about it, when at the time he actually wasn't interested.

When it all comes down to it, these guys are just really protecting themselves especially with how the media is now-a-days I'm sure Whiz did really want to stay in Pittsburgh but at the same time he probably knew the first offer he got as an HC he would be gone....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    According to that article Whiz didn't give the Steelers a chance to counter the offer from the Cardinals; so that tells me either he really didn't want to be our HC as much as he said he did, or he was just so happy to finally get an offer to coach a team that he figured he'd better jump on it.
    or they told him they wouldn't match and the media is just saying he didn't give them a chance
    Last edited by Koopa; 01-15-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

Whipple might be packing his bags too....

The Steelers may allow quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple to join Mr. Whisenhunt as his offensive coordinator in Arizona. That would create another opening for a quarterbacks coach with the Steelers.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    The Steelers may allow quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple to join Mr. Whisenhunt as his offensive coordinator in Arizona. That would create another opening for a quarterbacks coach with the Steelers.
    NOOOOO!!!! That would be incredibly stupid! You let the candidate who Roethlisberger was most comfortable with leave, and now you're going to let his QB coach leave too????
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Thread Information