Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whisenhunt exit leaves Grimm atop Steelers' coach list

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburghnation View Post
    Rivera or Tomlin that's our next coach .....
    I wanted Whiz, but he's waited a lonnng time to get named as Steelers HC, and he apparently found out for sure that wasn't gonna happen. He feels he's capable of leading a team, so he has every right to take the biggest job of them all--HC to try to prove himself capable.

I think if they wanted Grimm, they'd have taken him already--but just like with Whiz, not only haven't they made a move--early on they gave him their blessing to look outside the organization.

Since Whiz is out, (and it's pretty apparent to me they don't want Grimm) I agree with blitz--it's probably gonna be Rivera or Tomlin. And out of those two, (with the Rooneys continuing the waiting game) it appears like it's Rivera they're waiting on.
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 01-15-2007 at 04:31 AM.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I agree,but he must have known after the interview that it wasnt going to happen!
    I wonder if he asked the Rooneys point blank! Yes or No? Let me know or let me Go!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    According to that article Whiz didn't give the Steelers a chance to counter the offer from the Cardinals; so that tells me either he really didn't want to be our HC as much as he said he did, or he was just so happy to finally get an offer to coach a team that he figured he'd better jump on it.

IMO I felt he really wanted to jump on the offer because it was his first one and I'm sure it's gotta be exciting! Plus I know the Cardinals are not afraid to throw some money around especially when the city is pushing them to produce a winning team after raising our taxes to build them their new stadium, so it was probably a pretty good offer and he knew the Steelers wouldn't come close to those numbers...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Once again it's all about the money, that's what kills me about professional athletes, coaches, and the like. There's no way that anybody can justify to me how you can't live on 3 million a year instead of having to need 5 million a year just because. It's always about the money no matter how much people tell you it isnt.

The fact that Whiz said he wanted to stay in Pittsburgh and he didnt give us the chance to counter the Cards offer or atleast give us the chance to talk about it for a couple hours just makes you realize even more that money talks and bullshit walks, IMO atleast.

Sure there are exceptions to that rule, there always is, but for the most part you don't see many players staying put for less money when they could go somewhere else for A LOT more.

The more we discuss this the more I think about my personal career and what I probably would have done in his situation... which would have the same thing! This is Ken's first offer has an HC, he's never had such a thing before so he probably didn't want to let the offer sit on the table too long because it could have passed him by.

I personally would have jumped on the offer as well because for some people they know all they need is chance to prove themselves as a HC (or as a manager in the real world) and so I'm thinking that was his same mentality... Maybe I'm just grasping at thin air

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Once again it's all about the money, that's what kills me about professional athletes, coaches, and the like. There's no way that anybody can justify to me how you can't live on 3 million a year instead of having to need 5 million a year just because. It's always about the money no matter how much people tell you it isnt.

The fact that Whiz said he wanted to stay in Pittsburgh and he didnt give us the chance to counter the Cards offer or atleast give us the chance to talk about it for a couple hours just makes you realize even more that money talks and bullshit walks, IMO atleast.

Sure there are exceptions to that rule, there always is, but for the most part you don't see many players staying put for less money when they could go somewhere else for A LOT more.
    Not trying to change the subject... but come on TG, if you could go somewhere else and work doing the same thing you are now (and be on SA while at work) for more money, you probably would
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

House of Steel
    Capt, I would disagree with you on that and stick with what Top Gun is saying. Professional Sports are being taken out of context with money talks. You can't trust anyone in the sports world of what they are saying. Whiz wanted to stay in Pittsburgh but took the offer and the money with it. Everybody is a hungry, greedy idiot. Dude, I would stay in Pittsburgh in Whiz's situation cause I know the winning tradition would always continue and the Steelers have a great core of youngster and veterans a like that will possibly bring another championship or two. Common Sense, Capt.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If I was financially secure and happy in the job I was in, you would not find me leaving just for the sake of leaving because of a few more dollars. Yes there are alot of variables involved in a decision like that but if I spent most of working life making 6 or 7 figures with a team and city that I loved, you wouldnt see me leaving on the first bus outta town, and thats the truth

I don't know... I was always loyal to my employers, sometimes a little to loyal, but when the company I now work for came calling with the salary they were offering I was all ears!!! At 31 years of age if I was to fill out a job application and they wanted my last 5 jobs I could only give them 4 and the 4th would be my very first high school job and I have had to file my taxes every since then because I even worked through college... I completely understand Whiz's decision but unfortunately we will never know just how much money was involved.

Thread Information