Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pouncey limited with hamstring injury

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Pouncey limited with hamstring injury

Per Ed Bouchette,
    More line problems? Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey, who has labored with a left ankle sprain for several weeks, now has a hamstring injury and was limited in practice Wednesday.
    No word on his status for this weekend. Hopefully it's just a tweak and he'll be able to rest up and be ready to go. If he can't play this line is in an enormous amount of trouble.

You already have a new RG in Legursky who could move back to Center to play for Pouncey, which brings in Foster most likely at RG.

My Mood
    Addicted
    AWESOME.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would imagine Tomlin will have an update tomorrow on his status, but hopefully it's nothing major. Hell if this keeps up who knows if any of the starters will make it even half a year together. Anybody got Dawson's number handy? Maybe Jeff Hartings can come back for the rest of the season.

Slide legs in and plug Foster in at RG... That's their only choice, maybe Essex at C?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Great, I have a feeling Pouncey is going to be great, but will have alot of injury issues

My Mood
    Sunshine
    The left ankle sprain bothers me, it caused him to miss the super bowl, he had problems in training camp and now it appears again.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Slide legs in and plug Foster in at RG... That's their only choice, maybe Essex at C?
    who played center in the super bowl. problem solved.

Update:

Thursday, September 22, 2011
    What's going on

Brett Keisel, not surprisingly, was the only player to miss practice Wednesday for the Steelers as they prepare to play Indianapolis.

There's really no reason to play Keisel this week, particularly with a big game at Houston looming next week.

© Don't be surprised if Ramon Foster wins back the starting right guard spot from Doug Legursky.

After watching the game against Seattle a second time, I saw that Foster was very effective in the run game.

© The Steelers have to get their running game going this week against Indianapolis. IF they can do that, it will slow down speedy defensive ends Rasheen Mathis and Dwight Freeney and help out offensive tackles Jonathan Scott and Marcus Gilbert.

© Through two games, Mike Wallace is leading all NFL wideouts in receptions with 18, putting him on pace for 128 for the season. His average per catch is down to just over 15 yards per game, but if he keeps up his pace, Wallace will approach the 2,000 yards he set as a goal this season.

Wallace also has five consecutive 100-yard games in the regular season. Yancey Thigpen and Lynn Swann are tied for the fifth-most 100-yard games in team history with 10 each. Plaxico Burress had 11.

Hines Ward is the team's all-time leader with 29. Wallace has five in a row!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    NO reason to play Keisel this week if he can't go. However Pouncey, if he doesn't go we are in such deep doo doo it's not funny. This is the second injury for Pouncey in a month, first his ankle and now his hamstring. We cannot afford to have him go through nagging injuries all year long. The OL is bad enough as it is.

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    NO reason to play Keisel this week if he can't go. However Pouncey, if he doesn't go we are in such deep doo doo it's not funny. This is the second injury for Pouncey in a month, first his ankle and now his hamstring. We cannot afford to have him go through nagging injuries all year long. The OL is bad enough as it is.

Quick hits
    More line problems? Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey, who has labored with a left ankle sprain for several weeks, now has a hamstring injury and was limited in practice Wednesday. Guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) and cornerback Bryant McFadden (hamstring), who missed the game Sunday, each went through a full practice. Also limited was halfback Jonathan Dwyer (shoulder). Defensive end Brett Keisel (knee) did not practice. ... Tight end/wide receiver Dorin Dickerson, who played at Pitt, had surgery this week on a thumb that was injured in his first day on the Steelers practice squad last week and is on the practice squad/injured list.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11265...#ixzz1YgyYUjX7

Thread Information