Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Pens 2011-2012 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Almost as confident as I am with Fleury. I feel like he could definitely compete for a starting spot somewhere else. Glad he's staying with us though..
    What I like is that they seem to be different enough to give the team some diversity. If one is having an off night, the other is usually enough of a change to turn things around. Assuming there isn't some four goal deficit by then.

My Mood
    Love

Crosby Does Not Expect to Play in Season Opener

The Penguins Captain Remains Status Quo
    Saturday, 10.01.2011 / 5:13 PM /
    Features By Michelle Crechiolo
    http://penguins.nhl.com/

Although Penguins captain Sidney Crosby is doing well in his recovery from a concussion suffered in early January, he does not anticipate being ready to play in the season opener at Vancouver on Oct. 6.

“I wouldn’t expect it, no,” he said when asked if there’s a realistic chance he would play in the game. “I don’t think so.”

Although Crosby does not expect to be ready for the Penguins’ first regular-season game of the 2011-12 campaign, he remains status quo in his recovery.

He continues to practice with his teammates and take part in drills and controlled scrimmages, but still has not been cleared for contact – continuing to wear an alternate-colored helmet at practices.

Head coach Dan Bylsma reiterated that Crosby’s involvement in those skates is positive news in itself.

“I think him being on the ice every day and him participating in training camp (is optimistic),” Bylsma said. “To me that’s different then a practice at the end of the year or a morning skate. It’s fatigue for everybody. It’s hard for everybody. It’s conditioning for everybody. So in terms of part of him and his rehab, I think it’s positive and I think that’s right – we play next Thursday and it’s a few short days away. So we haven’t progressed to the next level yet, so it’s safe to say (Crosby will not play vs. Vancouver).”

Crosby is unsure of when he’ll move to the next level in his rehab – and just wants to continue to take it day by day.

“We’re getting back from our trip here and then we’re going to be going (out West), so when we get back from that trip maybe I’ll go see the doctor then,” he said. “For me, every day I just try to go as hard as I can and hope that things keep going like they’re going. It’s been really good so far.”

My Mood
    Addicted
    Can't wait for the season opener....

I'm very excited as well. I want to see how Neal performs after an entire off season to work with the team. I have high hopes for this crew in the 2011-2012 campaign.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I'm very excited as well. I want to see how Neal performs after an entire off season to work with the team. I have high hopes for this crew in the 2011-2012 campaign.
    Neal is gonna be awesome. Pens are gonna be one of the best teams in the league, even without Crosby. Mark it down.

Neal is gonna be awesome. Pens are gonna be one of the best teams in the league, even without Crosby. Mark it down.
    I hope so. If the defense can perform as well as it did last season and the offense shows up, they could be a heck of a team. Hopefully Crosby will be 100% sooner rather than later; he could put them over-the-top.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I hope so. If the defense can perform as well as it did last season and the offense shows up, they could be a heck of a team. Hopefully Crosby will be 100% sooner rather than later; he could put them over-the-top.
    With Crosby back in the lineup, we could have one of the most well rounded teams that this league has seen in years. Even without him though, we're gonna be unreal, as long as the rest of the players stay healthy. Malkin is going to have a monster year also.

With Crosby back in the lineup, we could have one of the most well rounded teams that this league has seen in years. Even without him though, we're gonna be unreal, as long as the rest of the players stay healthy. Malkin is going to have a monster year also.
    I pray for Malkin's knee.

Sick!!

We have rookies performing at a very high level too, should be a fun season!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Love
    Guess Crosby's return for 500,000 dollars in sa gold. I say he comes back against the capitals. Gotta see Sid take it to Ovi.

Thread Information