Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Pens 2011-2012 Season Thread

How is Crosby coming along? I don't really follow hockey much but I do enjoy watching him play.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    How is Crosby coming along? I don't really follow hockey much but I do enjoy watching him play.
    He has been cleared for full contact practice and has been practicing harder lately. Still, there is not a return date in mind. Hopefully he can make it back on the ice before December.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I thought that after he was cleared for contact he would be back within 2 or 3 weeks. But everyday I keep pushing that date back. He was cleared, but everything that I'm reading is saying that the coaches still aren't allowing him to go full contact in practice.

My Mood
    Love
    the suspense is torture.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Because of the way the NHL made the Penguins schedule so full of games early they aren't getting much full contact practices in. So Crosby isn't getting back up to game speed. Is it possible that Sid could go down to the Baby Pens to get some contact in? or would he be at a bigger risk from some farm team kid looking to make a name for himself?
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Mca View Post
    Because of the way the NHL made the Penguins schedule so full of games early they aren't getting much full contact practices in. So Crosby isn't getting back up to game speed. Is it possible that Sid could go down to the Baby Pens to get some contact in? or would he be at a bigger risk from some farm team kid looking to make a name for himself?
    Is that a serious question?

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Im sure theyll give him just the right amount of contact in pratice.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Well at least going to Wilkes-barre he could get some contact and be back sooner. With the way their schedule is now. Earliest I have seen about Sid being back is end of November . Perhaps even early December. The problem is right now their not having a lot of full contact practices. When they only have a day or 2 off in between games. Factoring current injuries and travel time in.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Mca View Post
    Well at least going to Wilkes-barre he could get some contact and be back sooner. With the way their schedule is now. Earliest I have seen about Sid being back is end of November . Perhaps even early December. The problem is right now their not having a lot of full contact practices. When they only have a day or 2 off in between games. Factoring current injuries and travel time in.
    There is a -100% chance that the best hockey player in the world goes down to an AHL team just to get some contact in.

My Mood
    Love

Malkin could return tonight vs. Islanders

http://m.triblive.com/triblive/db_/c...l=true#display

By Josh Yohe, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011

• Center Evgeni Malkin is with the Penguins in New York and could possibly make his return to the lineup tonight against the Islanders. Malkin hasn't played since Oct. 13 because of a sore knee. He practiced with the Penguins on Monday, marking the seventh time in eight days he has skated. Malkin appeared to get through yesterday's 60-minute workout with no sign of discomfort. ″(Malkin) is still not ruled in or out for (today's) game,″ Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. Malkin has scored one goal and three assists in three games this season. He skated on a line with left wing Steve Sullivan and right wing James Neal during yesterday's workout.

• Penguins radio broadcaster Mike Lange will miss tonight's game against the Islanders because of a family celebration. He will return to the broadcast booth for Thursday's game against the Islanders at Consol Energy Center. Steve Mears will handle the radio play-by-play tonight alongside color commentator Phil Bourque on WXDX-FM (105.9).

• Bylsma is not interested in reliving the events of Feb. 11, when the Penguins and Islanders engaged in a brawl-filled debacle. The Penguins and Islanders met in April in a game that was fairly clean. Bylsma said the Penguins are not entering this game thinking about ″repaid debts.″

• Center Sidney Crosby didn't make the trip to New York but did practice with the Penguins yesterday.

• Right wing Tyler Kennedy has not returned to practice following a concussion diagnosis, and his return does not appear imminent.

Thread Information