Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Pens 2011-2012 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I did see that. I also saw that they're selling bracelets. For $50...I thought that was a little overpriced. Good cause and all, but I don't have money to burn on a $50 bracelet.

Also, Chris Kunitz just signed a 2 year contract extension.

Um, yeah! Raise as much money as possible, but $50 for a bracelet like that is VERY expensive. I would think the logic for something like this would be to have many people buy something less expensive as opposed to having a few people buy something relatively expensive.

I would suggest that they possibly have a few bracelet options at different price levels. I'm sure the people that have the money to spare would still opt to buy the more expensive one.

Also, I saw your post about not getting the Pens game on NHLN and if you have DirecTV they are giving away a free trial of NHL Center Ice for the entire month of October, which is pretty sweet, I think.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Um, yeah! Raise as much money as possible, but $50 for a bracelet like that is VERY expensive. I would think the logic for something like this would be to have many people buy something less expensive as opposed to having a few people buy something relatively expensive.

I would suggest that they possibly have a few bracelet options at different price levels. I'm sure the people that have the money to spare would still opt to buy the more expensive one.

Also, I saw your post about not getting the Pens game on NHLN and if you have DirecTV they are giving away a free trial of NHL Center Ice for the entire month of October, which is pretty sweet, I think.
    They're also selling the silacone bracelets for $10, which is also wayyy too expensive for that kind of bracelet. Those should be sold for $5 max. And they're charging $5 for shipping. I don't think it costs $5 to ship a bracelet..

I hate the caps, 8 in a row against us...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Neal is looking pretty damn good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Neal is looking pretty damn good this year.
    Hell yea, he's been a force!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well, I know what my new background is going to be......

He looks like a mini Mario! His TKO was sweeeeet!

"you got knocked the f**k out"
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My thing about everyone getting all bent out of shape about that is...........

If you are going to allow fighting to be a part of the culture of hockey the way it has become in the past 40-50 years and also glorify it the way it has been then you really can't get all bent out of shape when a player does that after the fight.

I know he acknowledged that it was inappropriate, but I don't think it was honestly. The NHL has allowed it to become glorified and they have capitalized on that glorification so no one should really complain because those gestures fit right along with that whole theme. Plus, it was funny as hell!!

Also how can Ovi or anyone get bent out of shape about him beating that dude down? I know the dude isn't a "fighter" but he took part in it and he threw punches too. If you can't handle it then don't step up like that, you deserve what you get at that point in my opinion. It takes two to tango, right?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Also how can Ovi or anyone get bent out of shape about him beating that dude down? I know the dude isn't a "fighter" but he took part in it and he threw punches too. If you can't handle it then don't step up like that, you deserve what you get at that point in my opinion. It takes two to tango, right?
    Not only did he take part of it, but he INITIATED it. The game on here had Caps announcers, obviously, and there were all saying, "we love Beagle, but it was stupid for him to go after one of the biggest fighters on the Penguins."

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    They're also selling the silacone bracelets for $10, which is also wayyy too expensive for that kind of bracelet. Those should be sold for $5 max. And they're charging $5 for shipping. I don't think it costs $5 to ship a bracelet..

What is a silacone bracelet? Like the yellow Lance Armstrong ones? If so I'd pay that for one considering what the proceeds are going to, but only if I could buy it on the spot. I wouldn't be willing to pay another $5 on top for shipping and have to wait for it to show up especially considering I wouldn't/don't even want the thing to begin with.

When I've donated to charities like that or foundations to benefit victims or whatever I've never really cared about getting something in return. I just do it because I want to.

Here is an idea. They are selling those bracelets and stuff at hockey games right? They should put messages (on the big screens or whatever) at arenas throughout the league that say text HELP (or whatever) to 5555555 (whatever number) to donate $10 to the families of the victims and the money will be added to your cell phone bill. I would do that and I think a lot of people would because they want to help and they don't even have to fork over the money immediately so people would be even more likely to do it.

That is what they did for the victims of the earthquake in Haitti. I did that. It was easy, I felt good, and I'm not sure I even noticed the increase in my phone bill that month!

Just an idea, obviously not an originial one, but I think it would work and in the end that is the goal, right?
    Last edited by STEELyourface; 10-15-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Thread Information