Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictable play calling in the redzone

Bookmark and Share
    I wish we would spread it out in shotgun form and maybe have Ben run it up the middle or so. Or a quick slant. Last week was fail so bad cause it was obvious Legs was not sure who to block if anybody at all when he was fullback.

Triple option...

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Triple option...
    Get Navy in here and show em how to do it. Redman, Mendy and Randel el can qb

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Get Navy in here and show em how to do it. Redman, Mendy and Randel el can qb
    Remember the 2pt conversion in the SB, MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Remember the 2pt conversion in the SB, MONEY!
    Bingo

Draft Pick
    Any coordinator worth a damn will have a game plan that has plays charted for every siuation. i.e. down and distant, right hash or left hash, defensive and offensive strenghths and weeknesses, defensive subtitutions to take advantage of, and of course red zone and goal line plays.
    Now the thing BA does that was mentioned earlier is that he out thinks himself. He need to understand if you're having success running outside with Mendy, then keep doing it, even at the 2 yd. line. Or if the defense is having trouble covering the middle, then throw it in the back of the endzone to Miller or Ward. If you're having success running up the gut, the give it to Redmen. Each player specializes in some type of aspect of the game, so let them excel at that specialization.
    I truly believe that he is calling certain plays to "keep everyone happy" in the scoring aspect of a game. I personally don't care if Ben throws 5 TD's to Sanders and no one else scores, or if Mendy scores 4 TD's and Ben runs for another, or if Redman scores 3 TD's and Ward just 1 TD. The point is to put it in the endzone as BRC stated anyway possible. I just think he is trying to satisfy everyone's ego or justify their position or playing time by spreading it around. My theory is you go with your hot hand, and check your ego at the door and play as a team to win not pad stats.
    I like what Rabhim Morris said in the Bucs locker room...stats are for losers! Would any one care if we won on 3 running TD's by Mendy and 2 running TD's by Redman and only a 150 yards passing by Ben with no turnovers? I don't see the Pats worrying about who scores and how often any player scores...
    JMO
    Peace...

Last week was fail so bad cause it was obvious Legs was not sure who to block if anybody at all when he was fullback.
    Like my college FB coach used to preach to us, "When in doubt, knock someone out. If you don't know who to block, just hit SOMEBODY."

Going into the middle of the pile, all Legs is trying to do is create more push. A lot is made of Legs being one of the strongest Steelers, but IMO, that is overrated. Looking at all the top Bench press performers from the last 6 or 7 combines, not one of the guys who bench pressed 225 the most is currently in the NFL.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I wish we would spread it out in shotgun form and maybe have Ben run it up the middle or so. Or a quick slant. Last week was fail so bad cause it was obvious Legs was not sure who to block if anybody at all when he was fullback.
    Quick slant inside the 10?

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Quick slant inside the 10?
    All the receiver would have to do is prettymuch shield his defender. We have the speed guys to do it. Why no try it? Its something different, thats what were looking for

My Mood
    Addicted
    All the receiver would have to do is prettymuch shield his defender. We have the speed guys to do it. Why no try it? Its something different, thats what were looking for
    I just can't really picture how a quick slant inside the 10 would work out.

Thread Information