Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over/Under For Indy

Bookmark and Share
    This game will be closer than any of us want it to be.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Over, I see the Colts scoring 15+ points easy. I am hoping we score early and that some of those points are garbage, but I would think we should score 28+ points against that Colts defense, and I could really see it being 31-24 final score.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Manning stopped by Colts practice and gave them a pep talk, I have a feeling they are going to play their best game Sunday night.

Over...
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. There is Pride in that organization and Manning showing up will give them a boost. Manning may have even hinted to hold down the fort I'm coming back. Plus help Collins get prepared will be a huge lift.

This is a game to be worried about.

If this was last week, I would go under as they were smarting from the Rats game.

I would be worried about the Steelers being "over-confident" this week while on the road, playing a team without Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAFC View Post
    Lol! Let's remember we all had Pitt blowing out Baltimore with our " high powered offense"!
    Can I ask if you are on drugs? I hope your not kinda thinking that Collins=Flacco, Addai=Rice and the Colts defense=Ravens. If your just here to be a thread officer, there are better jobs on the Baltimoresun.com/ravens threads Whoever had the ravens getting blownout by the steelers on this thread was either not being realistic or just based it on past performances from I think the 2007 seasonw hen we blew them out

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Can I ask if you are on drugs? I hope your not kinda thinking that Collins=Flacco, Addai=Rice and the Colts defense=Ravens. If your just here to be a thread officer, there are better jobs on the Baltimoresun.com/ravens threads Whoever had the ravens getting blownout by the steelers on this thread was either not being realistic or just based it on past performances from I think the 2007 seasonw hen we blew them out
    Alot of people had us winning big in Baltimore. Not all but alot. I was just making a joke about us guessing. We all know as steeler fans we lose alot of games to lesser opponents. I didn't compare the Rats to the Colts. Look a few years back when we lost to Oakland & they only had 14 total yards of offense. There's countless other games we lost that we shoulda won. I joined this forum cuz there's not alot of steeler fans in Cen Cal. But damn I just made a comment & get jumped for it.

I was one of the people who said if the Steelers could protect Ben and allow the passing game time to develop, the Steelers Ravens game would not be close. Obviously neither happened. Moving on...

If anything, if the Steelers allow the Colts to "hang around" into the 4th quarter, this could yield unfovorable results for the Steelers. They need to come out and put up as many points as they can and take that crowd out of the game. Colts Steelers is not a great matchup for the Steelers offense becausae the Colts D-Line is so fast. But I have confidence the Steelers will pull away in the 4th quarter.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Prevent defense...SUCKS.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    If this was last week, I would go under as they were smarting from the Rats game.

I would be worried about the Steelers being "over-confident" this week while on the road, playing a team without Manning.
    After what happened to them week 1 in Baltimore the Steelers are absolutely positively in no position what so ever to be over-confident while facing any team any given week. I dont think Tomlin and this Steelers team is taking this Colts team for granted because Peyton Manning is not playing. They know that the game is in Indy on National TV on Sunday night football at a tough venue to win at, and plus they know the Colts sitting at 0-2 are basically in a MUST win situation. They cant afford to look past this Colts team because if by some mistake they do then come after 11 o clock Sunday night the Steelers could be staring at a 1-2 record in the standings with 1-3 staring them hard in the face next Sunday in Houston.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would hope overconfidence is not an issue here. It's not like the games they've played against the Colts have been blowouts in their favor. Hopefully week 1 was a lesson learned.

I would take the over this week as well, this one could be higher scoring than many people think. When teams are backed up into a corner and fighting for their lives, crazy things can happen.

Thread Information