Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run the ball against the Colts defense

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I say they run four wideouts deep with an empty backfield.
    fk that, run 5, who needs a tight end?

Everyone knows this, Arians ran the ball a lot against the Bucs last year, and they pretty much run the same defense with the same type of players. So he'll probably do the same................. hopefully.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin seriously needs to put his foot down here, I don't care how he does it there is no excuse not to run this week. The Colts are vulnerable as it is right now and a demoralizing ground attack would just really stick it to them. If he goes and airs it out early and often and it doesn't work, it's going to make the crowd even more crazier than they'll already be. Plus then they'll know that you can't pass and they'll be able to stack the line and stop the run. If that happens the offense is really in trouble.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Tomlin seriously needs to put his foot down here, I don't care how he does it there is no excuse not to run this week. The Colts are vulnerable as it is right now and a demoralizing ground attack would just really stick it to them. If he goes and airs it out early and often and it doesn't work, it's going to make the crowd even more crazier than they'll already be. Plus then they'll know that you can't pass and they'll be able to stack the line and stop the run. If that happens the offense is really in trouble.
    When's the last time Tomlin put his foot down? When he unleashed hell?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers just need to score points period......3 TD's wins this game folks......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I know, the whole notion of the Steelers doing something logical doesn't always sit well with us. They are too enammered with their own personnel to think outside the box when it comes to gameplanning on offense.

You can watch all the film you want, but when you call the same plays over and over, and just mix up the order, that's not gameplanning. The fact is the Colts are vulnerable to the run. They are a smaller defense, relying on quickness. Get a hat on a hat as Cowher used to say, lock up and just run run run. It takes the crowd of it and opens up everything down field.

Draft Pick
    BA will listen to Ben(again) and dial up 40+ pass attempts.

My Mood
    Impatient
    This could be the week where the draw play actually works, get Mathias and Freeney in the backfield and then run the ball off tackle.

I think Redman needs to get more carries, atleast he puts a shoulder down to the guys trying to tackle him. Mendy just spins and falls or runs out of bounds

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    This could be the week where the draw play actually works, get Mathias and Freeney in the backfield and then run the ball off tackle.
    Freeney and Mathis will definitely be aggressive so that's a potential scenario they can exploit. However both of those guys are experienced, tough, defensive ends and smart. They know where to be to make the play. If the Steelers are going to have success, they should run right at both of them all day long. The best way to beat good defenders is run right at them with a convoy of blockers leading the way.

Thread Information