Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Collins vs the Steelers secondary

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Kerry Collins vs the Steelers secondary

Let's face it, right now the Colts are a bad football team. They are worse than any year since Peyton has joined them.

That offense was built for Manning and him alone. The Colts haven't bothered to groom anyone else and now they are paying for it. Kerry Collins' head is probably still spinning trying to learn the terminology and style of offense they want to play there. Nobody will mistake him for Peyton Manning that's for sure. Having said that though, Collins has been known to get on a hot streak during his career.

During his time in Tennessee he had stretches where he was spot on and able to move the ball at will through the air. Certainly now with the Colts he's struggling, but how will he matchup against the Steelers secondary?

Nobody is going to mistake our secondary for anything special either, especially after the first 2 weeks of the season. Yeah they played better on Sunday in the shutout win over Seattle, but certainly the question marks still remain.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Manning was running the practices during the last couple of years too. So for the offense, they really have lost their QB and OC and lets be honest Head Coach

On any giving Sunday any team can win.

Titans vs Ravens, who saw that coming? The Colts have to win and will put their best foot forward..

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's why I bring this up. The Colts are playing for their lives right now. If they go down 0-3 for the year they can kiss the playoffs goodbye. So I expect them to give the Steelers everything they have and then some. They'll have the hometown crowd in their corner as well.

From a Kerry Collins perspective though, if our defense doesn't generate a pass rush against him, he's got enough weapons to shred the Steelers secondary.

Harry Colons has the touch to shred us, and I agree we need to get after his *** early and often. This past week we didn't start bringing heat until the 4th or so, that has to change this week..

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's weird seeing the Colts suck so bad.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Think about when Collins came in, he hasnt even had a real 4 weeks of games with this team. I`m afraid of this team. Especially since we havent beat anyone yet this year. Seattle is worse than Indy, so who knows

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Think about when Collins came in, he hasnt even had a real 4 weeks of games with this team. I`m afraid of this team. Especially since we havent beat anyone yet this year. Seattle is worse than Indy, so who knows
    That's the Colts fault and that's their problem for not having a backup QB ready to go knowing that Manning had neck surgery and could potentially miss sometime. Indy will be desperate and fired up and needing a win Sunday night on National TV to avoid 0-3 no doubt, but that alone still will not be enough to carry the Colts to a win in this game I believe. The Steelers are a far superior team in all areas and while Kerry Collins has had success against the Steelers in the past this Steelers defense is not the type of defense he wants to be facing this week trying to avoid an 0-3 start and trying to get some chemistry going with that Colts offense.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Manning is down his future is cloudy could be their ticket in the "Andrew Luck" lottery.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The big thing for the Steelers is that if you blitz Collins, you better be able to get there. If you don't he's good enough to beat your pass rush and hit the open TE or big play down field. Rushing Will Gay could be an x factor for the Steelers, but like I said he better get there because you leave your guys exposed on a blitz and if he eludes it, you're in trouble.

At one point Collin's had 4 straight series of 3 and outs for the Colts on Sunday I believe. The Steelers need to force that type of performance as much as possible. If the crowd gets into it in that dome it's going to be almost impossible for the Steelers to hear the snap count on offense. They really can't allow him to get any momentum in this game. The crowd will be bonkers to start the game so if we can make some plays on offense to quiet them down and not allow Kerry to get going, we shouldn't have any problems.

This game worries me though because their backs are against the wall.

Thread Information