Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger has much better day, however...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Roethlisberger has much better day, however...

Certainly a much better performance by Ben today. 5 turnovers last week vs none today. He was clearly much more on his game and was able to hit multiple targets all game long. Except for one really bad pass, he saw the field much better as well, which was nice to see. He was still though not the same Ben we're used to seeing just yet. He was overthrowing wide open WR's today, including Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Miller. Even when he wasn't on the run, he wasn't able to make those easy plays that we take for granted. It appears it will just take more time for him to get back to the Ben we're used to seeing.

Watching the game, something that was shooting up red flags to me was watching Ben on his roll outs. Either designed or just running for his life, he was over throwing his targets and just generally not the money guy we're used to seeing on those types of play. One of his strong suits is rolling out and making plays on the fly. That wasn't the case today at all. It's something we'll have to watch in the coming weeks. This was before he had his knee rolled up on too. After the injury he had some floaters as well of course. A sure sign of a QB with a hurt leg.

Still though, he finished 22-30 for 298 yds. and 1 TD. 115.7 passer rating. We can be happy that he was able to start to get back into the flow of the game and do a lot of good things. It will just take alittle longer than most of us want for the Big Ben that we all know to get back to being who he is for 60 minutes.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-18-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Floaters..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    If they keep playing like this we are in trouble

It isn't uncommon to see QBs miss some plays early in the season: The o-line is clunky, receivers aren't running perfect routes and his touch isn't spot on right now. They won and that's what matters. Hopefully the Colts game gives them some more time to get comfortable before playing the Texans.

Veteran
    I look at it this way. Last week was a total debacle. This week was step 1 in getting back. Next week, they needs to make more strides forward.

Honestly, I was much more concerned with not being able to run it when they needed to run off clock time in the 4th quarter.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yeah he was 22-30, but like you said, the 8 passes that he missed were probably all wide open receivers that he overthrew. He did smart missing more after his knee got hit (which was one of the scariest moments of my life) which may be a part of it. Either way, I'm glad he did better against a below average defense, because if he didn't, we'd be in trouble for sure.

I think the run game will pick up as the O-line gets rolling. The line seems to get patched together almost every week for one reason or another.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I cant see hom lasting the season. our o line will get him killed. I pray that he does get through it though, Ben is a winner

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    There's one thing that you can't deny about Ben, he is tough as nails. If Brady got his knees taken out like that, he'd be out for atleast 3 games.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    There's one thing that you can't deny about Ben, he is tough as nails. If Brady got his knees taken out like that, he'd be out for atleast 3 games.

No kidding! I was shocked to see him back so fast. WHen he went down, and was lying on the ground, I thought OMG he's done for. That was an ugly hit. I texted my mom to see what they were saying about it because I was in a bar, so the volume wasn't up for our game. She couldn't text me back fast enough and he was already back in!

Thread Information