Thread: Tony Siragusa for Commish

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Tony Siragusa for Commish

I dont know who of you heard him telling Mike P how it was today for the offensive and defensive linemen in the game. I think he nailed it right on the head and made Mike P look like a complete idiot. They were discussing how the ravens werre chop blocking at the steelers legs last week and Mike P said that it was fine and within the rule line. He said as long as the two linemen were side by side it was legal. Pretty much what goose was telling him was why is there a difference between people diving at QB legs or linemens legs. Mike P took a little while to answer, I thought he was off the phone but then came back with another lame excuse to protect the league. This is why the NFL needs to get ex-players more involved in rules and such. Its hard to believe that Charles Woodson got only a 10k fine for throwing 2 jabs into a stomach of a saints TE, but Troy P gets 15k for a horecollar tackle. The NFL needs more ppl like Goose in there party to make the NFL a legit fining league/and to make the game safer but not a puss league.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yeah, he said something about the fact that the league makes these rules to protect some people and not others.

I still don't agree that this was Mike P looking like an idiot. He was merely explaining the thoughts which were made by the commission in charge of the rules. It is not that I don't agree with the rule being rubbish, I just don't see how Mike P was the idiot.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I still don't agree that this was Mike P looking like an idiot. He was merely explaining the thoughts which were made by the commission in charge of the rules. It is not that I don't agree with the rule being rubbish, I just don't see how Mike P was the idiot.
    Mike P never says the refs are wrong on any occasion hardly. Last week there was a bad call in the game and he stated something along the lines of "Im not picking a side on this one, we will just see how it goes" when clearly the refs made a bad call. It made him shutup for a longer period of a response that made sense after goose nailed it right on the head. I wish they would have asked him again why there wasnt a flag on the 2nd time someone went at Bens knees and no flag. I would have loved to hear the answer of that one

Tony is a slob! Personally one of my all time hated ravens!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Yea He was a raven but hes a better game announcer or voice than Phil Simms, hes not biased against the steelers, atleast not today, but he did have a really good point about the Linemen in the league today. As long as Simms wasnt calling the game. I was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Cosigned. I mean this was the douche who was trying to incite raven fans to jump Steeler fans in the restrooms at m&t bank stadium because we outnumbered their fans in their own home.....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    Cosigned. I mean this was the douche who was trying to incite raven fans to jump Steeler fans in the restrooms at m&t bank stadium because we outnumbered their fans in their own home.....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    I'll never like him good points or not!

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Ditto.. the Goose is a douche, IMO. Stick to Man Caves on DIYN...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't particularly care for Goose either. Hated him when he was with the Ravens, still don't care for him now. He did however make very good points about the chop blocking. And Mike P says that lineman should be able to anticipate the chop block if it involves 2 players, but not when it's one. How in the hell the league justifies that I'll never know.

Thread Information