Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger has much better day, however...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    My brother and I were sure that that was his season. Looked like it had to be an ACL tear.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Yeah he was 22-30, but like you said, the 8 passes that he missed were probably all wide open receivers that he overthrew. He did smart missing more after his knee got hit (which was one of the scariest moments of my life) which may be a part of it. Either way, I'm glad he did better against a below average defense, because if he didn't, we'd be in trouble for sure.
    I'm not sure if you saw the Seahawks games in the preseason or their game last week, they have an above average defense. Their defense only allowed about 13-16 points last week, 49ers had such a high scoring game because their defense was very good keeping their offense in good field position to only put up field goals, and their special teams had a great game with 2 kick returns for touchdowns. I think 22-30 is nothing to scoff at against this team, nor is the 24 points.

Now if the Steelers were to play the Chiefs and only put up 24 points, I'd be worried, because the Chiefs defense has just been terrible.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisoneguy555 View Post
    I'm not sure if you saw the Seahawks games in the preseason or their game last week, they have an above average defense. Their defense only allowed about 13-16 points last week, 49ers had such a high scoring game because their defense was very good keeping their offense in good field position to only put up field goals, and their special teams had a great game with 2 kick returns for touchdowns. I think 22-30 is nothing to scoff at against this team, nor is the 24 points.

Now if the Steelers were to play the Chiefs and only put up 24 points, I'd be worried, because the Chiefs defense has just been terrible.
    Seattle's defense was ranked 27th last year, and I don't think much has changed. They are not an above average defense. Average at best.

Seattle's defense was ranked 27th last year, and I don't think much has changed. They are not an above average defense. Average at best.
    They are better this year. I wouldn't be able to pick out 16 teams with better defenses. They have a pretty good secondary and some pretty decent LBs as well. Their d-line is not flashy but they are no push-overs. Also, their statistics will obviously look horrible if they are on the field all the time. Their offense cant produce anything what-so-ever, and even the best defense will give up a lot of yards and touchdowns then.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Lots of high draft picks on the seattles D..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Lots of high draft picks on the seattles D..
    Aye. I think they ranked 5h or 6th in run defense until they all their LBs got injured last season.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Seattle's defense is much better than last year's. Their Safeties are ball hawks. I certainly wouldn't rank the Steelers any higher right now.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

And the Chiefs had a pretty good defensive last year, yet in the first 2 games of the season have let up 80 points. One of the teams they held to 10 points last year. And not much has changed really. Okay you can blame about 10 or so of those points on special teams or great defensive play by other teams, but 70+ points in 2 games still isn't even close to average.

I don't know what you're trying to point out here other than you're just trying to be overly pessimistic.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not trying to be overly pessimistic. Let's just not jump the gun here.

I dont get why people are thinking the oline will let ben get killed this year. I think they played pretty well today to be honest and as must adjusting we had to do on the line. I think Ben stayed pretty clean throughout most of the game as against the ravens or other games. He made some really good throws today throught the middle of the field and to the sidelines and that. I also liked the way he used his checkdowns when they were there and nothing else was. I dont think we have to worry about Ben this year. We know hes not Brady like and going to put up 4 tds a game and 400+ yards. He will just stick with his 1 or 2 td a game throwing a little over 200 yards a game. The line and Ben will be fine, its just all about the playcalling.

Thread Information