Thread: Ike Taylor also fined $15K in week 1

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Ike Taylor also fined $15K in week 1

The NFL made it official Friday: All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu and cornerback Ike Taylor have been fined $15,000 each for unnecessary roughness during the Steelers' 35-7 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

The Tribune-Review reported Thursday that Polamalu, the 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, would be fined for a horse-collar tackle on Baltimore running back Ricky Williams.

Polamalu wasn't penalized or fined for an altercation late in the third quarter when he appeared to throw a punch.
    Taylor, flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, was fined for head-butting a Baltimore player.

Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo was fined $15,000 for unnecessary roughness for a horse-collar tackle on special teams.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This one is just flat out stupid. The fine on Polamalu I knew was coming. It was a flat out horse collar. Of course Troy didn't mean to do it but it happens, and it will happen all over the league this year.

As far as Taylor goes, that head butt happened in the big fight late in the 3rd quarter. It was pointless small knock of helmets initiated by Taylor while everyone was trash talking and some still fighting. Hardly worth a fine and hardly worth the personal foul call. He was the only one flagged in that fight.

My Mood
    Manic
    what about the damn chop blocks

Cool, next year the players will be wearing flags around their waste! Good job commish!

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    That is the part that is bothersome, at least for me. I expected fines to come out of this game but after looking at video specifically of Hampton getting cut and chopped with no response from the league....................

I'm trying to be patient but I feel like they should've come out and addressed it by now

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I thought this was explained in the other thread... What they were doing was actually legal.

What I don't understand is why Ike is being fined for a head butt, but people who actually threw punches are getting away unharmed. Charles Woodson was fined 10k for a small upper cut to the mid section, I saw some mean haymakers in the Ravens/Steelers fight.
    Last edited by Thisoneguy555; 09-17-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Thread Information