Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers admit they were overconfident; looking for redemption on Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You can tell the Steelers played with no fire or passion in Sunday....Big reason I didn't freak out since it looked like the team could careless and I know they will bounce back....I think the *** kicking is what they needed honestly......Now the Ravens came out determined and wanted to win that damn football game......

Hopefully the Steelers take it to the Seahawks and beat them like a red haired step child.....I want the Seahawks dead, their families dead, and their houses burnt to the ground.....Ok sorry Unforgiven quotes there....lol

If you look at the positive side of losing this game the pressure if off and now they're free to play Steeler football. 15-1

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You can tell the Steelers played with no fire or passion in Sunday....Big reason I didn't freak out since it looked like the team could careless and I know they will bounce back....I think the *** kicking is what they needed honestly......Now the Ravens came out determined and wanted to win that damn football game......

Hopefully the Steelers take it to the Seahawks and beat them like a red haired step child.....I want the Seahawks dead, their families dead, and their houses burnt to the ground.....Ok sorry Unforgiven quotes there....lol
    A good old fashioned *** kicking will change anyone 's perspective.It's what we needed,now go play some football ,Pittsburgh style

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Problem is solved... Arians has it...
    He blew the dust off the playbook from last year's Ravens's AFC playoff playbook, slapped it on the copier, and handed it out to the team and told them to "review." He said he was not going to change his game plan, the Steelers were were going to win by three on the last play of the game.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Hard to believe a lot of things Tomlin comes out and says now about the team being focused and needing to prepare after reading stuff like this...No excuse for something like this to happen at all. Tomlin is completely to blame for this...

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I dont buy it! Its an excuse. If you get beat by 7 or 10 something reasonable, but we got our @$$e$ kicked. Thier D line dominated our O line. And more of our D players were spent.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Some of them thought they traveled to Baltimore either too cocky or not ready to match the kind of emotion the Ravens brought to one of football's fiercest rivalries.

"We came out thinking like we were AFC champs," offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said, "and they were obviously [upset] since February, and we didn't match that. It was real obvious."

Said defensive end Aaron Smith, "I really think we didn't play with emotion -- it's an emotional game -- and Baltimore did."
    IMO, they did the exact same thing in the Super Bowl. Came out thinking they were Super Bowl champs and didn't match the intensity of the Packers until far too late, if at all.

I guess they believed their own hype, they were the experienced team, the Pack was green and succumb to the jitters and the game was theirs. Too bad you actually have to play the games to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    IMO, they did the exact same thing in the Super Bowl. Came out thinking they were Super Bowl champs and didn't match the intensity of the Packers until far too late, if at all.

I guess they believed their own hype, they were the experienced team, the Pack was green and succumb to the jitters and the game was theirs. Too bad you actually have to play the games to win.
    I can see that. I don't know if they were overconfident in the super bowl or just trying to play relaxed and let the let the game come to them and whatnot. Problem with that is (as we saw) it can backfire. Playing with some jitters and anticipation isn't always a bad thing. It can have positive or negative effects, it can make you look nervous or it can make you look as if you are on edge, making you play sharp and with attention to detail.............. does that make sense? Although they just looked flat and disinterested vs the ravens last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post

I think you are absolutely correct.

Many fans often think they don't get the recognition they deserve. That other teams and players get much more press. I'm not it that camp that at all, I believe they get plenty and they got complacent.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    First of all you can't be overconfident in any game in the NFL. We proved that in 2009, losing to the Browns, Chiefs and Raiders that season. I blame this on Tomlin. It's his job to keep these guys heads into the game. And I've seen alot of disrespect from the Steelers towards the Ravens in the offseason. Woodley calling out Flacco, Ryan Clark etc. Remember you play these guys at least twice a year. That was one of the biggest asswoopings ive seen the Steelers take in a longtime.We better not be taking Seattle lightly.

As far as I'm concerned, sunday can't come fast enough. I want to wash my mouth out from that poor display of Steelers football shown last sunday.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information