Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin's press conferences; are they really needed?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Mike Tomlin's press conferences; are they really needed?

Listening to the weekly Mike Tomlin press conference today; it's almost pointless to even have them. It's been this way almost since he came to the team but has gotten considerably worse in my opinion in the last year or so. He says so little, only giving updates on player statuses for injuries or if they are bringing in new players for workouts. Other than that, the media rarely asks him any questions anymore because he just gives them nothing. A lot of politically correct rhetoric and generalizations.

He's made it crystal clear that he'd rather not have media at training camp and would rather not be bothered with doing press conferences and other type shows.

Bill Cowher's pressers were usually more entertaining. He would aleast give you something to chew on periodically.

Everything Tomlin says to the media could be covered in a press release just as effectively. I realize he can't divulge everything to the media and you don't want to start a frenzy with anything,but man, they really are pretty boring.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-13-2011 at 01:11 PM.

He's a doucher at times...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Reminiscent of an Obama speech: He goes up to the podium, gets in front of the microphone and moves his lips, and yet he doesn't say anything.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    So there was no unleash hell statements....lol So I take it I didn't miss anything....lol I use to get the Cowher/Tomlin press conferences on Fox sports Pittsburgh back in the day but the last two years the Tomlin press conference has been blacked out.......But sounds like its just a waste of time......

My Mood
    Manic
    This is one thing i noticed about Steeler nation we suck at losing . For cryin out loud we lose badly in week one and we coulda woulda shouda now tomlin sucks ben sucks he sucks the team sucks we suck oh my god were gonna go 0-16 wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yuk the Raven's changed there scheme in the off season so we call the proper defense but did know they changed there scheme well we know now and it will be different in the burgh in week9 Gilbert and the o-line have 8 weeks to get betterfor me no worries it's 1 game now it's about seattle period

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    So there was no unleash hell statements....lol So I take it I didn't miss anything....lol I use to get the Cowher/Tomlin press conferences on Fox sports Pittsburgh back in the day but the last two years the Tomlin press conference has been blacked out.......But sounds like its just a waste of time......
    Not at this junction! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Who said Tomlin sucks? We were talking about his press conferences being lame....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Who said Tomlin sucks? We were talking about his press conferences being lame....lol
    Hmm,
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    We win = "we played a great game."
    We lose = "we take responsability for the loss. we're going to look at the tapes and see what we can do to fix it."

Same old, same old.

Steelers tackle Willie Colon underwent surgery on Tuesday morning for a torn triceps muscle suffered against the Baltimore Ravens.

“He is going to be out for an extended period of time to say the least, probable IR, we haven’t made that determination yet,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “We’re going to let him come out of recovery and those things before we proceed.”

This is the second year that Colon suffered what could be a season-ending injury. Last year Colon missed the season with an Achilles injury suffered during the offseason.

“Needless to say it’s a personal blow for Willie Colon,” said Tomlin. “We are saddened for him. For Willie, going down two consecutive seasons is a tough blow. We’ll keep him close and encourage him and help him through what I am sure if going to be a tough time with rehab and so forth. More than anything Willie is a guy that loves to play the game of football and he won’t be given an opportunity to do that.

“For us we acknowledge that this is a natural part of the game of football. Things like this along the journey happen. As a football team we’ll do what football teams do of course, the next man up will move on and we’ll expect him to play to the same standard.”

That next person will be second-round pick Marcus Gilbert, who was drafted to play the left tackle position. Tomlin also said he will bring in some tackles to look at for a back-up role.

“We like where he is. He has performed well for us,” said Tomlin of Gilbert. “He is a talented young guy, doesn’t have a great deal of experience. We’re going to give him an opportunity to play and show what he is capable of.”
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information