Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So did Ravens offense look a bit mirrored to Pats offense here???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    To respond to the topic of the thread: If you want to compare the Ravens scheme from sunday to any offense, i'd say it was alot like the Mike Shannahan Broncos. Zone blocking where you engage the interior DL (hampton) with one man and use another man to cut him down creating a huge whole for linemen to get to the second level . This works well when you have a great one-cut runner (ala Ray Rice) to stretch the play out until that lane is open. They did a great job of displaying that on the first play of the game. From there the DL CANT be aggresive for fear of a career ending knee injury (hense why this has since been made illegal in the nfl) and thats why you saw even Aaron Smith getting blown off of the ball and B-more run the ball so well.

After that the play-action is WIDE OPEN, esp. when you ask Timmons/foote/farrior to cover Pita and Dickson who are WR's playing tightend! I dont however see alot of teams employing this tactic in the future. Brady is gonna lineup with 2 tight and take whatever you give him. The Steelers are going to have to play nickle, have woodley and harrison jam hard on te's at the line of scrimmage and have dbs on Gronkowski and Hernadez.
    I think it's a combination of the old Bronco's offense, and the current Patriots and Packers offense. The ability to gameplan and spread out a defense, the quick shot passes, and the one main back who's compact and quick that can elude your average front 7 defender all goes into the recipe that has had success against the Steelers.

Everybody will be doing it now, it's proven successful and NFL defenses will have to find a way to counter it.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    I still think it looked a bit like what the Pats do offensively to us...I just don't ever want to watch that game again!!!!!
    The Pats kick our butts every time we play. If other teams don't start doing the same thing, they they are pretty stupid.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The Pats kick our butts every time we play. If other teams don't start doing the same thing, they they are pretty stupid.
    That they do and after watching them own Miami...Im definatley worried!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Rookie Free Agent

??????

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    We also talked about this in another topic somewhere. What teams like the Patriots and Packers can do is they can spread you out badly and then destroy you in between the zone coverage. You simply can't cover enough zones without loosing passrush. The Ravens cannot do that. They simply don't have the personal. I mean, Big Ben had more passing yards than Flacco did. They ran the ball great and when Flacco had to throw he delivered whilst Steelers brought no passrush whatsoever.
    Is that your saving grace, that Ben had more passing yards then Flacco? Ben had more yards passing because he had to pass more after being down big early. geez.

Thread Information