Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So did Ravens offense look a bit mirrored to Pats offense here???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Overall, I would say no it wasn't the same as what the Pats do. Don't get me wrong there are some similarities and I would imagine they took from the patriot game plan a bit, using the soft spots in the middle of the field for example. We all know this is a copycat league and once a team has a blueprint for success it will get used and reused. I am honestly a bit surprised it has taken other teams as long as it has to kind of figure that out, but the patriots use their WRs much more effectively than what I saw from the ravens yesterday.

The key here (at least for me) is now that it is catching on, what adjustments will LeBeau come up with to counter. I don't have a specific answer for you but I have confidence that he will.

Far more concerning to me was that we were stopping them despite the lack of pressure on flacco and not getting off the field on 3rd down. I'm not exactly sure what their conversion rate was on 3rd down but if we had executed better in those situations it we would have been in a much better position.

Well for starters.....Gay OUT....McFadden OUT..get some decent service in the secondary besides Ike!! My complaint all along...If I had Dick's cell phone on sunday I would have been blowing that baby up ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    You and me yesterday would have broken down buildings then. I had no confidence in them to stop them on any kind of 3rd down conversion. I almsot pooped myself when harrison stopped rice.
    And then Harrison got up and was so impressed with himself. Like bro, you're down 29-7. Shut the f*ck up.

Our defense looks old... but not in age old... like the same old attack the QB old.

we are not fooling anybody... our blitzes are not confusing. we used to scramble up the blitzes. noone knew where it was coming from.. now its like the OLB's do it or nothing...

someone have an anwser to that?

even dallas last night had that hit em from all angles look. ryan maybe the difference there... glad hes not a brown anymore.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Was just watching SportsCenter. They said that in the entire 2010 season, the Steelers did not allow more than 47 yards rushing up the middle. Yesterday, they allowed 88. Feels like that defensive line is not plugging holes as well as they used to..

We also talked about this in another topic somewhere. What teams like the Patriots and Packers can do is they can spread you out badly and then destroy you in between the zone coverage. You simply can't cover enough zones without loosing passrush. The Ravens cannot do that. They simply don't have the personal. I mean, Big Ben had more passing yards than Flacco did. They ran the ball great and when Flacco had to throw he delivered whilst Steelers brought no passrush whatsoever.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Well for starters.....Gay OUT....McFadden OUT..get some decent service in the secondary besides Ike!! My complaint all along...If I had Dick's cell phone on sunday I would have been blowing that baby up ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!
    I would not be so quick to off McFadden. He had some good tight coverage out there, but definitely some bad. The thing is, your #2 CB is going to get targeted. The first TD was a perfect throw against good coverage.

My two secondary goats are William Gay and Ryan Clark. William Gay is proving to be a complete liability covering center field. It used to be that he had a bit part on certain blitz packages and playing in the dime, but he cannot hold his own in the nickel. Ryan Clark was spinning around like a Whirling Dervish out there and hit like a powder puff. He should spend some time on the bench and think about playing hard again and not just talking a big game.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Harrison sitting on the bench for about half of the game. He needs reps, but you can tell that he is not himself. Let Worilds get reps. If Worild can perform, great. If not, pull a New England and call it a day by cutting him next year and moving on. So tired of these "developmental" players that can't seem to step out on the field. If you aren't good enough to at least split time with Harrison right now, chances are that you suck harder than a Kirby vacuum.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The Pats will put 60 on us...
    After watching the Pats running 100mph last night and Brady with 517 yrds i'd say we'd be LUCKY if that's all they put on us....just amazing football last night. Kills me to say this too!!!

Forget a 50 touchdown season for Brady. When he comes to Pittsburgh, it will be a 50 touchdown game.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Forget a 50 touchdown season for Brady. When he comes to Pittsburgh, it will be a 50 touchdown game.
    And that's no joke...at first I thought..ok Miami is gonna give them some trouble and then all of a sudden after a 14-14 game the Pats hit the gas and didn't stop rolling! Unbelieveable!
    Last edited by TampaSteelGirl; 09-13-2011 at 01:47 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    YEAH you guys are right my favorite team ever with 6 super bowl championships suddenly can't play Hogwash we will win next week and we will make the playoffs and i still like our chances for the super bowl

Thread Information