Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's NOT jump off the cliff yet........

Bookmark and Share

Let's NOT jump off the cliff yet........

Well, that was ugly. That was the outcome I expected more or less, just thought the Steelers would be the team dominating.

There is no need to overreact here, these types of unexplicable performances happen from time to time and although, I never expect that type of performance from us, I in no way think that is representative of how our season is going to go.

I think we can all settle down. The coaches and players clearly have some work to do, but this could end up being a good thing. Obviously not ideal but there is no need to panic. There is a lot of football to be played, no one ever won the Super Bowl or didn't make the playoffs in week one.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm not jumping off the cliff but I'm definitely inching my way towards the edge. Say what you want about how this is only the first game , but that was just not a promising showing at all. Plain and simple. The superbowl hangover is looking more and more like a reality to me.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Well, that was ugly. That was the outcome I expected more or less, just thought the Steelers would be the team dominating.

There is no need to overreact here, these types of unexplicable performances happen from time to time and although, I never expect that type of performance from us, I in no way think that is representative of how our season is going to go.

I think we can all settle down. The coaches and players clearly have some work to do, but this could end up being a good thing. Obviously not ideal but there is no need to panic. There is a lot of football to be played, no one ever won the Super Bowl or didn't make the playoffs in week one.
    Honestly, I thought the Ravens would win the game but not in this fashion. But I agree, there's no need to overreact. The Ravens wanted it more today. That offensive line played very well.

I think the Steelers came into the game over confident. I really believe that they thought that, somehow, they'd pull this one out no matter how the game started. Let this loss serve as a "wake up" call.

My Mood
    Addicted
    i'm posting from the ground...i jumped at halftime

Good post, there is no reason to jump off the cliff. It was sort of the perfect storm. Baltimore has been hearing for MONTHS how they can't beat us, and seemed to have a chip on their shoulder today. There are a few things which make me panic however: SEVEN turnovers, giving up 150 yards rushing, and the Ike Taylor penalty. That really bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
    Good post, there is no reason to jump off the cliff. It was sort of the perfect storm. Baltimore has been hearing for MONTHS how they can't beat us, and seemed to have a chip on their shoulder today...
    Exactly. You just had to know that the Ravens would come out and play as the more aggressive and desperate team.

They ravens had been waiting for a chance at revenge. I really thought we'd beat them twice this year but they got their one and until it actually happens we are always the ones beating them and going deep into the playoffs.

At some point, we were going to give up another 100 yd rusher, we simply weren't going to never allow one ever again.

The TOs, while bothersome, is nothing to worry about. We aren't the type of team that is plagued by that game in and game out all season long. We just didn't have any mojo working today. I'm not going to read into it any more than that.

Obviously we have issues on the O line and in the secondary, but it's not as if those were just going to magically disappear and actually the O line was not that bad early in the game, only after we got down and they could afford to bring it on every play.

Ike played really well if you step back and look at the whole game and we still have young guys to bring along througout the season.

well I'd rather lose this way then a last second touchdown or field goal. It sucks but this is just 1 loss and this isnt college football where 1 loss ruins a season. 7 turnovers is not going to beat anybody especially an upper echelon team like the ravens. Props to the Ravens for being ready but the steelers will bounce back.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    It would have been easier if we showed up!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nobody is going to jump off a cliff, however I was thinking about it. Seriously though, this one is hard to swallow not so much because of the loss but because of how badly they got outplayed.

We are Steelers fans, we never give up!

Thread Information