Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking ahead to Seattle this week...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    If we dont beat Seattle and the Manningless Colts then I am going to pretend the NFL never signed a labor agreement and football didnt happen this year.
    The Steelers pretty much I feel have to win these next 2 games going into a tough game with Houston the following week. You cannot afford to go into Houston at 1-2 and a few games behind the Ravens which is likely what the case will be barely a month into the season. The Steelers have to keep pace with the Ravens much like they did last season leading up to that rematch here on November 6th. If they can do just that and stay 1 game back in the standings until they play again then the game against the Ravens last week will not mean anything. If the Steelers are a legit playoff contending Super Bowl team you absolutely have got to beat teams like Seattle this week who stinks, and the Colts without Peyton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    While I didn't expect the Steelers to win (I wanted them to, of course), I did expect them to be in the game.
    I guess I really hoped they would win but I was nervous about the game. It's what you say in the last sentence that made it such a tough loss - they weren't ever in the game. Except maybe for a few minutes when you thought they might make a comeback - after Manny Sanders scored.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Steelers pretty much I feel have to win these next 2 games going into a tough game with Houston the following week. You cannot afford to go into Houston at 1-2 and a few games behind the Ravens which is likely what the case will be barely a month into the season. The Steelers have to keep pace with the Ravens much like they did last season leading up to that rematch here on November 6th. If they can do just that and stay 1 game back in the standings until they play again then the game against the Ravens last week will not mean anything. If the Steelers are a legit playoff contending Super Bowl team you absolutely have got to beat teams like Seattle this week who stinks, and the Colts without Peyton Manning.

I agree, as long as they can stay within a game of Baltimore they'll be fine come November 6. There is no way on this earth that I see them losing to the Ravens again in November. Close game or shootout they will find a way to win.

As far as Seattle goes, this is one of those game that you know the Steelers should win on paper. Talent both on the field and with the coaches is superior to what the Seahawks have right now.

However they have a good TE, they have Golden Tate, Mike Williams, Lynch at RB so I fully expect them to try an pull a similar gameplan to what the Ravens did. I just don't think there's any way Jackson can pull it off. This is the type of QB that the Steelers defense usually has for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    I guess I really hoped they would win but I was nervous about the game. It's what you say in the last sentence that made it such a tough loss - they weren't ever in the game. Except maybe for a few minutes when you thought they might make a comeback - after Manny Sanders scored.
    That's what left me disappointed, and I say that like when a parent tells their child they are disappointed. They didn't even show up for the game.

Thread Information