Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to Seattle this week...

Bookmark and Share
    You know what my dream scenario would be? Seeing one or two young guys coming in on rotations and outplaying vets to win a spot. Some thirst and drive would be pretty good. Pretty, pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    You know what my dream scenario would be? Seeing one or two young guys coming in on rotations and outplaying vets to win a spot. Some thirst and drive would be pretty good. Pretty, pretty good.
    Pretty, pretty, pretty good Is that from Curb??

A little healthy competition is never a bad thing? I know a lot of us talked about a solid WR rotation to keep guys fresh, getting playing time, and to wear down opposing defenses. Well, why not get something like that going on in our secondary? At least until someone establishes themselves as the superior player.

I still say I'd LOVE to see them move Mundy over to CB and turn him loose. I watched him play some cover corner in college and I know he's capable. I realize NFL isn't college but at this point it couldn't hurt to try it.

Hey, if they're on the 40 man gameday roster, then why shouldn't they play, especially if a "regular " is ineffective? I agree 100%. Look around the league and see all these rookies playing on other teams, albeit in some cases out of necessity. Steelers coddle their draft picks, and I don't get it. Just because camp is over doesn't mean the position competitions are over, or at least they shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Pretty, pretty, pretty good Is that from Curb??

A little healthy competition is never a bad thing? I know a lot of us talked about a solid WR rotation to keep guys fresh, getting playing time, and to wear down opposing defenses. Well, why not get something like that going on in our secondary? At least until someone establishes themselves as the superior player.

I still say I'd LOVE to see them move Mundy over to CB and turn him loose. I watched him play some cover corner in college and I know he's capable. I realize NFL isn't college but at this point it couldn't hurt to try it.
    Definitely a Larry David reference.

I thought Mundy looked solid in the preseason; better than any backup we've had at that spot in quite a while. Let him play back there. If he sucks, cut him. If he performs, well, make Clark work to keep his start. The Steelers seem to be run like a company where they value the turd who can't do anything but has been around forever over the younger folks who know their **** and can perform if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Hey, if they're on the 40 man gameday roster, then why shouldn't they play, especially if a "regular " is ineffective? I agree 100%. Look around the league and see all these rookies playing on other teams, albeit in some cases out of necessity. Steelers coddle their draft picks, and I don't get it. Just because camp is over doesn't mean the position competitions are over, or at least they shouldn't be.
    It's one thing when you see bottom dwellers sliding rookies into the lineup, but when you see teams like the Patriots starting guys day one, you can't tell me that the defense or offense is too hard to learn: The coaches are too ****** to teach or they are over thinking things. I don't believe that the Patriots have a simpler system or a bunch of players rolling with IQs of 160: They coach guys up and put athletes on the field. They also don't let speds into the coaching staff.

If a guys gets a hat, let him play. If he can't do anything, cut him and move on.

Even if we whoop Seattle, that won't magically fix our terrible offensive line. We need to make changes.

Definitely a Larry David reference.

I thought Mundy looked solid in the preseason; better than any backup we've had at that spot in quite a while. Let him play back there. If he sucks, cut him. If he performs, well, make Clark work to keep his start. The Steelers seem to be run like a company where they value the turd who can't do anything but has been around forever over the younger folks who know their **** and can perform if given the chance.
    Nice, I love Larry David!!!

I'm saying move Mundy into the CB role. If he can't do it then move him back to 2nd string safety or hell start him at safety. I really think he can pull off the switch to CB though. I know trying it for a little bit couldn't hurt anything either way.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Nice, I love Larry David!!!

I'm saying move Mundy into the CB role. If he can't do it then move him back to 2nd string safety or hell start him at safety. I really think he can pull off the switch to CB though. I know trying it for a little bit couldn't hurt anything either way.
    ****, he couldn't be worse than Gay in the nickel. As a matter of fact, maybe he could be better due to his size. They say Gay has speed, but what good is it whenever all you use it for is chasing down receivers as they step into the endzone?

Next to me, Gay might have speed, but on a field, even my wife can't understand how he made the team this year.

Sorry guys but Seattle is going to wreck us. Here is why. Mike Tomlin is our coach.

J. Scott couldn't make my high school team. Coach Tomlin couldn't win a peewee league game if the teams were evenly matched and I was the opposing coach. If you do not know that Legs and Scott were going to get destroyed then you have less vision than Hellen Keller (no offense to Ms. keller...I don't think you are nearly as blind as coach T). Ms. Keller would also pull the franchise QB when she was down by 899373 points with 2 seconds to go in the 4th qtr. Ms. Keller would have known that Rice was torching us and done SOMETHING to stop it. Ms. keller would have pulled 92 before the 4th qtr. Ms. Keller would have brought in a FB to help block against the guys killing ur franchise QB. Ms. Keller would have fired BA 2 years ago. Ms. Keller would have no allegiance to our fossils (A. Smith, Farrior (check out my screenname). If you are no better than a FA that we can get for 2.2 mill then you do NOT get 2.2 mill. I'm just sad that we now have a guy who is BLIND running our beloved Steelers.
    Last edited by Farrior Fan; 09-12-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Veteran
    Looking ahead to tape review today, I hope Tomlin ripped them a new one. The players and the coaches as well.

Thread Information