Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to Seattle this week...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    no mood
    Seattle needs a win as bad as us. The key will be to get on them early and force Jackson to throw. Take Lynch out of the game since he is their biggest threat. Watch out for the short throws. After us getting pounded I fully expect a different team to show up next week, and dominate the Seahawks. Thankfully this lose came in week 1 and should motivate them the rest of the year.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Seahawks will try and mirror what the Patriots due to beat us, and what the Ravens did. Now whether or not Tavarius Jackson can pull it off is another story.

They won't just pound their heads into the ball trying to do something that won't work. Atleast you wouldn't think they would. If they see teams having success, they're going to try and mirror that.

The Steelers should fully expect to see the same type of offense and defense this week as they saw on Sunday. The Seahawks aren't on the same level as the good teams in the league but it doesn't mean they won't try and the same strategy.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    This two week stretch should be similar to the spanking we got by the Pats and the spanking we put on the raiders the following week, last year. It better be at least. If not, we're in for a long season and a good draft pick by the end of it.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I expect that game to be something exactly like what happened to the Raiders the following week last year after the Pats game where we beat them 35-3. I believe a score similar to that will happen this week with the Seahawks who are not a very good team at all. No reason in the world to not beat this team by 17 or more points period...

Let's all be careful of falling into the same trap most of us were guilty of coming into week one (myself included). I'm hesitant to say if we don't put up X number of points or win by a a margin of this or that it is a failure.

While the seahawks don't appear to be a very good team they were a playoff team last year (I know it was w/ a losing record). This season just started and we don't really know how good they are or we are.

I fully expect to win and I believe that we are a much better team than we showed vs the ravens, but I am much more concerned with how we look on O and D, the level of intensity we play with, and how well we execute the gameplan. Those are the things I am looking for and want to see improvement in and am worried about much more than what the final score actually is.

Win this game and right the ship we win a bunch of games, lose or make it a close game, I could see an 8-8 at best record!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I fully expect, and we should all expect, to see this team come out with a vengeance and completely destroy Seattle. That's what good teams do when they lose, and lose badly. They come back the next week refocused and play the way they are capable of. This is one of those game where clearly the better team is the home team and if the Steelers don't play like it, they are in trouble.

Just squeaking by with a last minute rally to win the game is no acceptable. There is no excuse to do anything but destroy the Seahawks.

Having said that, they won't just roll over and die for us. We will have to earn it, and this team plays like we think they all can, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I fully expect, and we should all expect, to see this team come out with a vengeance and completely destroy Seattle. That's what good teams do when they lose, and lose badly. They come back the next week refocused and play the way they are capable of. This is one of those game where clearly the better team is the home team and if the Steelers don't play like it, they are in trouble.

Just squeaking by with a last minute rally to win the game is no acceptable. There is no excuse to do anything but destroy the Seahawks.

Having said that, they won't just roll over and die for us. We will have to earn it, and this team plays like we think they all can, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Seahawks must feel that this is a great opportunity to go out and beat one of the top tier teams in the league, a thing which they have not been close at for quite some time (but that strange Saints game). I watched their game against Niners. Their offense is still a wreck, although they have some pretty good names there (Sidney Rice did not play). Their defense, on the other hand, played a pretty good game, much better than the score actually indicates.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They will most definitely have confidence coming into this game. In their minds they have a good chance to beat the Steelers if they play the right type of offense.

It's up to the Steelers to end this game early just like Ravens did on Sunday. Letting a young team hang around just gives them more confidence late in the game.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

I would like to think the Steelers will do to Seattle what Baltimore did to the Steelers. Steelers just need to come out, not "overdo" it, but execute their game plan, play smart defense, block on the O-Line and play Steeler football.

Face it, the Steelers needed a kick in the *** to deflate some off the egos. Better in week 1 than week 14.

Thread Information