Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers and Ravens schedule until their next meeting...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers and Ravens schedule until their next meeting...

Here is the Ravens and Steelers schedule below me their next 6 or 7 games before they meet the Steelers again on November 6th in Pittsburgh. If you notice that both teams dont play another division game until they meet each other in that game in November. The Steelers and Ravens will both play the Bengals and Browns both late in the season. The Steelers will play one more game then the Ravens and appear to have a tougher road ahead then the Ravens leading up to that game. Assuming the Ravens only lose 1 game in this stretch which looking at that schedule is what might happened the Steelers pretty much need to go 6-1 in their next 7 games to stay within a game of the Ravens going into that rematch on November 6th. The only potential losses you see the Ravens having on that schedule are the Jets and Houston and both of those games are in Baltimore. This is also assuming of course that the Bengals by some miracle dont turn it on and start winning games either seeing that they are 1-0 already as well in the division. The Bengals didnt look too bad yesterday in Cleveland and have some winnable games coming up. But here is the Steelers schedule coming up and the Ravens the next 6 games for Baltimore and the next 7 for the Steelers. It helps that the Steelers have their bye late this year and will be able to have played one more game then the Ravens before they meet here in November. The Steelers schedule also gets way easier after that Ravens game as well while the Ravens will get much tougher.

Steelers schedule

Sun 9/18 Seattle Seahawks Seattle 1:00 pm
    Sun 9/25 Indianapolis Colts at Indianapolis 8:20 pm
    Sun 10/2 Houston Texans at Houston 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/9 Tennessee Titans Tennessee 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/16 Jacksonville Jaguars Jacksonville 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/23 Arizona Cardinals at Arizona 4:05 pm
    Sun 10/30 New England Patriots New England 4:15 pm

Ravens schedule

Sun 9/18 Tennessee Titans at Tennessee 1:00 pm
    Sun 9/25 St. Louis Rams at St. Louis 4:05 pm
    Sun 10/2 New York Jets NY Jets 8:20 pm
    Bye
    Sun 10/16 Houston Texans Houston 4:05 pm
    Mon 10/24 Jacksonville Jaguars at Jacksonville 8:30 pm
    Sun 10/30 Arizona Cardinals Arizona 1:00 pm

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Houston completely dismantled the Colts yesterday. The Texans offense is good, so that's a potential loss for the Ravens there. The Jets and Ravens will be a grudge match defensively, probably low scoring and could go either way.

The Steelers game vs the Texans will be a tough one too; Schaub can spread it around and get down field so we better be ready. It could be a shootout, no question.

The only game I expect us to potentially lose is the Patriots game. There's no reason they can't win every other game on the first part of their schedule.

Draft Pick
    I could see us only loosing to new England but I'm sorry Baltimore will be 7-0 going into that one and we at best will be 6-2 call me crazy and it's not just because of one game but if we don't beat Baltimore in that game they could very easily go undefeated this season with that cupcake schedule the rest of the year

I could see the Ravens having a huge let down game this week after the blow out yesterday...

But honestly, I could also see them being undefeated by Nov 6th as well!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Houston completely dismantled the Colts yesterday. The Texans offense is good, so that's a potential loss for the Ravens there. The Jets and Ravens will be a grudge match defensively, probably low scoring and could go either way.

The Steelers game vs the Texans will be a tough one too; Schaub can spread it around and get down field so we better be ready. It could be a shootout, no question.

The only game I expect us to potentially lose is the Patriots game. There's no reason they can't win every other game on the first part of their schedule.
    I will say that game and the game in Houston as well as potential losses. All of the other games the Seahawks,Colts,Titans,Jags,and Arizona should all be wins. Arizona barely got by a bad Carolina team yesterday with Cam Newton throwing for 420 yards,Seattle looked horrible against the 49ers who arent very good at all, the Colts are a complete mess without Manning and the Titans and the Jags have QB issues and are both not on the Steelers level and both of those games are at Heinz Field. If we can win that Houston game in a few weeks I could easily see the Steelers not losing another game until they play the Pats here or play the Ravens the next week. I dont think the Ravens will be undefeated going into that game in November. They will lose 1 or 2 games. They need to be careful the next 2 weeks going into Tennessee and St Louis after such a dominating win over the Steelers yesterday. Both of those games are potential trap games for the Ravens, although losing Bradford and Jackson for the Rams could definitely make that game a lot easier for the Ravens if they are both out for that game.

I think the Rams may win their division this year so that won't be an easy game for anybody. Obviously how well they do hinges on how serious the injuries to Sam Bradford and Stephen Jackson are. I'm thinking the Panthers aren't going to be as bad as everyone initialy thought, meaning I don't think you can judge the Cardinals on that game alone. Really, in the NFL if you don't play near your best every week you can lose to anyone that is how tough this league is so I'm not going to look ahead and worry about playing catchup with the ravens.

I couldn't have been more wrong about that game yesterday, I thought we'd roll and I picked the ravens to struggle (7-9) this year. I'm not giving up on that prediction after 1game, but I have to admit the ravens looked far better than I thought they would and it certainly looks like a dumb prediction on my part as of now.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers could lose in Arizona........Playing in Arizona is never easy so I wouldn't chalk that game as a win......Right now I don't think any game could be chalked up as a win.....This team has to show me now and it has to start this Sunday vs the Seahawks......

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Steelers could lose in Arizona........Playing in Arizona is never easy so I wouldn't chalk that game as a win
    I wouldn't over look Texas either.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I wouldn't over look Texas either.
    I wasn't over looking the Texans....We all know the Texans will be tough....I'm talking about chalking up wins about teams the Steelers are supposed to beat....Everybody saying the game in Arizona is a win could be mistaken....Playing in Arizona is never easy and right now I don't think the Cards are a automatic win.....

My Mood
    Clowns
    Looking at the schedule over the next 6 games leading up to the Pats game the only games the Steelers have a chance or could lose if the Texans and Cards game. I do not think they will lose both but I definitely think they could lose 1. I dont think they will lose to Seattle,in Indy,and at home against the Titans or Jags. So if you break that down the way I just put it and split the Texans Cards games the Steelers will be 5-2 going into the game against the Patriots here on October 30th. And we will definitely still be in contention for the division and right in the thick of the AFC race if that indeed is the case. So definitely no time to panic yet. If the Steelers have anymore then 3 losses before they get to the Patriots game then I think it's time to start panicking. The Steelers at the very worst can probably afford to lose maybe 2 games at the most before the next game with the Ravens but that is it. The Ravens schedule isnt that difficult and since they currently own the head to head tiebraker the Steelers cannot afford to fall 2 or 3 games behind them in the standings 5 or 6 games into the season. You gotta win your upcoming games now and keep pace with them for now until you play them again the first Sunday in November. If the Steelers can go 6-1 in their next 7 games which looking at the schedule they can easily do then they will be right there with the Ravens come November. Even though the Ravens dominated and totally embarrassed the Steelers yesterday in all areas I still am not ready to declare them as world beaters and sit here and think that they will have no bumps in the road and win every single game they play. The Ravens got the Steelers yesterday, but by no means am I already conceeding this division to them yet based on that game yesterday. Flacco still has a lot to prove and he will need to come in here on November 6th and beat the Steelers one more time to prove that he once again has gotten over the hump. A lot of football still left fellas so let's see how this all plays out in the long run...

Thread Information