Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else "glad" Troy and Lamar got big money?

Bookmark and Share

Anybody else "glad" Troy and Lamar got big money?

Nice to see these two show up today. Troy continued to let people run past him (including a TE this game). I'm not sure that Lamar had a meaningful tackle. I hate to say it, but there is no dispute who the best safety in the league is anymore, and it's Ed Reed. I'm not all doom and gloom, I think we can and will bounce back, and I was quite disappointed to see our big contract guys look SO bad.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The whole team disappointed today, not just those 2. However, yes I agree neither one had a stellar day at all. Woodley had the 1 sack but he was overmatched, Harrison couldn't do anything consistently, and Troy...good grief!

WE will bounce back yes, but a wake up call..indeed!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yeah Troy has been getting more and more absent every game. He doesn't do anything and then makes one big play and everyone jumps on the "Troy Polamalu is god" train. He looks to me like he's starting to lose it.

I couldn't agree more. And I know the entire defense stinks, but when SO much money is tied up (and recently) in Woodley and Troy, I expect much much more from them. I also think it's time for Aaron Smith to move on. He got pushed around all afternoon.

This guy is an f'n troll go back to your hole
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Toll.....hardly. Why don't you go back to Baltimore you inbread hillbilly.

Quote Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
    Toll.....hardly. Why don't you go back to Baltimore you inbread hillbilly.
    Very classy...
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

So, one bad game and Troy and Woodley aren't worth the money, huh? They both have and will continue to earn that money. You can't sing their praises one week and curse them the next. Everyone has a bad day and they'll be there more often than not when we need them to be.

I don't think this game proves the worth of either player. The defensive line had no push, so you can't expect Woodley to get a ton of pressure. Polamalu spent most of his game in support due to some weak links, so I don't blame him, either. Honestly, I thought it was less kind to players like Hampton, Smith, Farrior and Clark than Polamalu and Woodley.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I don't think this game proves the worth of either player. The defensive line had no push, so you can't expect Woodley to get a ton of pressure. Polamalu spent most of his game in support due to some weak links, so I don't blame him, either. Honestly, I thought it was less kind to players like Hampton, Smith, Farrior and Clark than Polamalu and Woodley.
    Polamalu did get beat for a touchdown and a couple deep throws. If he's in support, that shouldn't happen.

Thread Information