Thread: The Sky is falling!!

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724

The Sky is falling!!

Really though it's not.

I read through a good number of posts and not once did I notice where anyone (except B&G32) referenced the fact that this is WEEK 1! There are 15 more games to go in this season, and with the way all of the "experts" were blowing the Steelers, this was probably the best thing that could have happened, if the Steelers were going to lose this week.

A loss to the Ravens, sucks, no doubt about that. However, it needed to be like this. They got Seattle next week, who didn't really show up today against the 49ers (or maybe the special teams just left early).

There was a lot fo sloppy play around the league due to lack of conditioing, off-season, yada yada, you guys know the drill. I for one could not be more excited to see how our boys respond.

We'll know everything we need to know about this team around this time next week.

My Mood
    Addicted
    We kinda went through this already..
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32338

Reppin' 724
    Oh jesus.....thanks for reminding me why I rarely venture over this way anymore....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Okay....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Really though it's not.

I read through a good number of posts and not once did I notice where anyone (except B&G32) referenced the fact that this is WEEK 1! There are 15 more games to go in this season, and with the way all of the "experts" were blowing the Steelers, this was probably the best thing that could have happened, if the Steelers were going to lose this week.

A loss to the Ravens, sucks, no doubt about that. However, it needed to be like this. They got Seattle next week, who didn't really show up today against the 49ers (or maybe the special teams just left early).

There was a lot fo sloppy play around the league due to lack of conditioing, off-season, yada yada, you guys know the drill. I for one could not be more excited to see how our boys respond.

We'll know everything we need to know about this team around this time next week.
    Yea Tee, I have become calmer in my older days...... I use to fly off the handle in the past and still do at times...Mainly against *** handing by Marsha Brady and the Pats...Just hate those ****ers......lol

This team is to talented for really panic yet and they still should be able to correct the mistakes and make the play-offs....But if they don't get their heads out of their asses then they will win 6-7 games.....Humble Pie was served today and I think it was a good thing.....

couldn't agree more

Ya, if we are gonna get our asses handed to us it may as well be in week one as opposed to the 1st round of the playoffs.

I will worry come 10 or 12 if it looks like we won't make the playoffs cause even if we were to not win the division we've proven we can win it all as a wild card team. I think way too many people are freaking out on this one.

I thought we'd beat the ravens both games this season, man I couldn't have been more wrong about that but in the end it is still the one loss of our typical season split with them and by 3, 30, or 50 it doesn't really matter.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post

Nice to see you around Tee. I think that's the most important part. How they come out next week. I am looking for a big statement from them especially from Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    Nice to see you around Tee. I think that's the most important part. How they come out next week. I am looking for a big statement from them especially from Ben.
    Yup me too. I'm pretty sure we're gonna get it too. My thing is, we have one bad game and too many people start freaking out and calling for everything to change. The steelers have proven so many times that they will bounce back. I get sick of people demanding "they have to prove it to me first". They HAVE throughout the years. If anything everyone should remain calm until they prove they can't/won't bounce back. The not bouncing back is definitely the thing that happens far less frequently so why shouldn't we all be convinced they will be fine until further notice?

Fan is short for fanatic so.................

Thread Information