Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else "glad" Troy and Lamar got big money?

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Not worried about Troy or Woodley, neither were a huge help today but neither cost us the game. Our lines were the worst, and ben was off but not worried about him either

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by Thisoneguy555 View Post
    Polamalu did get beat for a touchdown and a couple deep throws. If he's in support, that shouldn't happen.
    I actually want to rewatch portions of the game. I know Polamalu got beat, but I saw some plays where I thought he was taking on someone who should have been covered by someone else. He bit on plays, but he always has. All I can say for sure is the zone failed today and some guys weren't holding their own at all.

Quote Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
    Toll.....hardly. Why don't you go back to Baltimore you inbread hillbilly.
    LMAO dork! Ed reed is the best because he caught 2 balls thrown directly to him? How about the one that bounced off his chest Troy would of caught in a snow storm..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Nobody is giving up on Troy nor Woodley, but pretty disappointing today. Unfortunately, yes, Ed Reed is better. Not much better, but he is better. I have always defended Troy as slightly better, but I now believe Ed Reed is 1A and Troy is 1B, by an eyelash. This is based on two main criteria.....Ed Reed's ability to always be around the ball and make big plays in big games and Troy's injury potential. Again, Troy is great, but Ed Reed is a little better and more durable.

Nobody is giving up on Troy nor Woodley, but pretty disappointing today. Unfortunately, yes, Ed Reed is better. Not much better, but he is better. I have always defended Troy as slightly better, but I now believe Ed Reed is 1A and Troy is 1B, by an eyelash. This is based on two main criteria.....Ed Reed's ability to always be around the ball and make big plays in big games and Troy's injury potential. Again, Troy is great, but Ed Reed is a little better and more durable.
    Durable? Ed Reed have been banged up as much as Troy the last couple of seasons. You can't really compare them anyway. They play two different positions, but we can conclude that Ed Reed was miles ahead of Polamalu tonight.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As as them deserving the money, I think we can all agree that they do. Well, considering this is the NFL and the amount of money they make is ludicrous.

We know they both are key components to the team, but today was a day where nobody showed up no matter what their contracts are.

big plays in big games? really now? this is the first time ed reed has really done anything in a "big" steelers/ravens game. and those 2 picks were o'donnell-esque throws by ben. come on now.......

Ive said it before and Ill back my statement. Woodley's contraact is a flat out stupid mistake, without Harrison being a probowl lb every game, Woodley cant pick up the slack. I know alot wont agree with me, but thats just my gut feeling is all.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ive said it before and Ill back my statement. Woodley's contraact is a flat out stupid mistake, without Harrison being a probowl lb every game, Woodley cant pick up the slack. I know alot wont agree with me, but thats just my gut feeling is all.
    I actually WILL agree with you, somewhat. I'm not going to say it's a huge mistake, but I think Wallace and others should have received the big extension first. I think Woodley is "good" but not great. He isn't consistent enough for me. I know, people will point to the huge stats he puts up. But for me, stats don't tell the whole story. Look at San Diego.....lead the league in offense and defense last year, where did that get them. So I think Woodley is good, but not amoung the best LB's in the league. Troy however, is among the best in the league and does deserve the money. I just think he's 1B. And yes, somebody mentioned they play different positions. That is true, but it is still comperable.....it's not like we are comparing a nose tackle and a corner. Honestly, in my opinion right now, Ike is the best DB on our team, dating back to opening week last season.

Thread Information