Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's Steelers looked over confident & unprepared for season opener

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Tomlin's Steelers looked over confident & unprepared for season opener

We've seen this in the past, not every week mind you, but in big games during the regular season the Steelers are clearly not prepared for the opposition. I know it's only 1 game and it's the opener, but there's no reason to put on a display like that.

Blame the players for not performing, but the coaches take the responsibility too in a BIG WAY. They had no answer for the spread offense the Ravens were using. They proved they still couldn't tackle Ray Rice, or stop the run in general. They came into this game with the same old same mentality against the Ravens. Which is all well and good because it's still physical, but they had no answers for Baltimore's adjustments.

The home team clearly did their homework on how to beat the Steelers, and Steelers clearly didn't do theirs on how they get beat. It's up to Tomlin and his coaches to cover all the bases and not just have tunnel vision with an opponent. Playing your game is all well and good, but at the same time you have to deal with the problems that have plagued you even as early as last year.

This team looked overconfident, cocky, and unprepared for what awaited them. It starts with the coaches and right down the players. They came into this game thinking they were going to win because of their recent history. Which is all well and good because you have to have the mentality of winning, but it was obvious they couldn't back up what they talked.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-11-2011 at 11:15 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    tomlin better dig in some asses this week

I think the Ravens deserve credit for coming out with a sense of urgency. They beat the Steelers in all phases of the game. Blame the coaches, players etc. if you want, but the Ravens were the better team today.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    We've seen this in the past, not every week mind you, but in big games during the regular season the Steelers are clearly not prepared for the opposition. I know it's only 1 game and it's the opener, but there's no reason to put on a display like that.

Blame the players for not performing, but the coaches take the responsibility too in a BIG WAY. They had no answer for the spread offense the Ravens were using. They proved they still couldn't tackle Ray Rice, or stop the run in general. They came into this game with the same old same mentality against the Ravens. Which is all well and good because it's still physical, but they had no answers for Baltimore's adjustments.

The home team clearly did their homework on how to beat the Steelers, and Steelers clearly didn't do theirs on how they get beat. It's up to Tomlin and his coaches to cover all the bases and not just have tunnel vision with an opponent. Playing your game is all well and good, but at the same time you have to deal with the problems that have plagued you even as early as last year.
    This was a total collapse of the secondary and unreal fail of the offense. You can't even single out a single player because they all (all) failed to perform. What is wrong with this picture. Is it correctable???

And their fans.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Unleash hell..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Tomlin out coached... never happens...

it is what it is... im sure he'll have some catchy words at the presser that will smooth things over
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    im sure he'll have some catchy words at the presser that will smooth things over
    I wish he put as much effort into winning the game as he does into coming up with some insightful phrases that explain why we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Tomlin out coached... never happens...

it is what it is... im sure he'll have some catchy words at the presser that will smooth things over
    It wasn't just Tomlin who got outcoached. Bruce Arians and Dick LeBeau got outcoached, too. Hell, the entire Steeler coaching staff got outcoached....lol

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I don't know where to even begin with this embarrassing *** whuppin.
    The Steelers were dominated in every aspect of the game,coaching was
    one of the glaring weaknesses,turnover's always kill of course but when it
    rains it pours. Let's chalk this up,learn from it and move onto the next game.
    They better circle that November game at Heinz Field for big time PAYBACK!
    Humiliating performance all around.

Tomlin and FO kept and signed all their stiffs from last year, ravens went shopping, look who's team was better?

Tomlin needs to rip his own ***!!

Thread Information