Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting It in Perspective

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

Putting It in Perspective

Why were so many of our first-team guys in the game so late? Tomlin would have been crucified had Ben gotten hurt during scrub time.

We (the team AND the fans) completely underestimated Baltimore. They had a perfect storm going for them. Revenge, home-field, high emotion (9/11) you name it. We were cocky and it showed.

Troy and LaMarr. Feel free to live up to your new contracts anytime.

Ben. Horrible. Just plain horrible.

Oline. Sean Kugler better start working some magic.

Glad our punter had a great day.

I don't blame Mendy for the fumble in the 3rd quarter, but there were 3 other instances where he was hit and the ball was coming out. That doesn't bode well.

Beating a dead horse... This has to be Arians' last year. We are so freaking predictable it is almost humorous. Where were the rollouts and shorts rolls? Has he heard of play-action? Geesh.

D-line looked over-matched all day.

Thanks to Harbaugh for giving us motivation (as if we need it against the Ravens) for rubbing it in on several occasions yesterday. Up 32-7 late in the 4th and he throws into the end zone. Classless. I get the 2pt conversion, but throwing that late is uncalled for.

Seattle game is going to be huge. If we don't bounce back in a big way then I'm not sure we ever will. This is a weak opponent coming in and great teams beat up on weak teams. Even a close victory Sunday will not be good.

I'm done. For now.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    More and more of us are questioning why Ben was in the game late, too. I can see them keeping in at the start of the 4th quarter but when you're down by that much with 5 minutes to go, just pull him out and let Batch mop up. It's not his day, there will be better games ahead. Don't let him get killed anymore and risk a bad injury at that point.

I was more worried about why Sly wasnt getting reps. I know worilds wasnt impressive in preseason but get him out there also. Plus How would it hurt to put allen out there also?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Why were so many of our first-team guys in the game so late? Tomlin would have been crucified had Ben gotten hurt during scrub time.

We (the team AND the fans) completely underestimated Baltimore. They had a perfect storm going for them. Revenge, home-field, high emotion (9/11) you name it. We were cocky and it showed.

I don't blame Mendy for the fumble in the 3rd quarter, but there were 3 other instances where he was hit and the ball was coming out. That doesn't bode well.

Beating a dead horse... This has to be Arians' last year. We are so freaking predictable it is almost humorous. Where were the rollouts and shorts rolls? Has he heard of play-action? Geesh.D-line looked over-matched all day.

Thanks to Harbaugh for giving us motivation (as if we need it against the Ravens) for rubbing it in on several occasions yesterday. Up 32-7 late in the 4th and he throws into the end zone. Classless. I get the 2pt conversion, but throwing that late is uncalled for.

Seattle game is going to be huge. If we don't bounce back in a big way then I'm not sure we ever will. This is a weak opponent coming in and great teams beat up on weak teams. Even a close victory Sunday will not be good.

I'm done. For now.

You hit it all, Ben staying in was his way of not giving up, fighting till the end so to speak..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I really had no idea why so many starters were in there at that point. There are two times where you think the team would try to get young guys on the field: A blowout win or a blowout loss. Instead, we just saw starters getting tooled for the entire game. Who knows? Maybe the coaches wanted to keep them in to embarrass them and to get enough tape to see all of the problems with the starters.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I really had no idea why so many starters were in there at that point. There are two times where you think the team would try to get young guys on the field: A blowout win or a blowout loss. Instead, we just saw starters getting tooled for the entire game. Who knows? Maybe the coaches wanted to keep them in to embarrass them and to get enough tape to see all of the problems with the starters.
    I think u hit the nail on the head with this one sir tomlin looked pissed as if to say u emmbarresed me now I'm gonna embarrass u

My Mood
    Clowns
    I think he kept them in for a pride issue as well seeing that the Ravens were still trying to pour it on when the game was essentially over up 32-7. Tomlin didnt wanna give up and he wanted to go down swinging. With that being said, Tomlin is very very fortunate that Ben didnt get his arm ripped off by Suggs there late in the game.

--- Added 9/12/2011 at 10:07 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post

Beating a dead horse... This has to be Arians' last year. We are so freaking predictable it is almost humorous. Where were the rollouts and shorts rolls? Has he heard of play-action? Geesh.

D-line looked over-matched all day.

I'm done. For now.
    I think they will bounce back in a big way. The Steelers will be angry and plus they will be back playing at home and they will want to give the fans a great performance after that debacle in Baltimore yesterday. I think Ben and the offense will have a huge day and the defense will give Tavaris Jackson fits. Steelers win going away something like 28-10 or 31-7. This is pretty much as close to a MUST win game as it gets for a team the 2nd week of the season seeing how bad the opponent is and seeing what happened yesterday to the Steelers.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Ben needed to stay in the game because Batch is FRAGILE and Dixon cannot be our only backup QB

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Ya, I honestly think Tomlin was proving a point by leaving the starters in like that. I'm guessing that today at the team facility it will not be a pleasant atmosphere for anyone. Seattle will play hard. They will want to avoid an 0-2 start, but anything less than a dominant Steelers victory will result in more doubt and questions.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

I have no problem with them staying in the game.

Yes everyone underestimated the Ravens. It was very obvious that they have been preparing to play us since last Jan. and we just started thinking about them last week.

Now maybe (and I think we will) just keep our mouths shut and get back to work.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information