Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else worried about losing Wallace next year?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient

Anyone else worried about losing Wallace next year?

Ok, I know he is our only key free agent next year, but I read the new CBA and there is no 1st and 3rd round tender anymore, so the best we can give him is a first round tender or his long term contract. But we all saw with Colon that if they are restricted, we use that to our advantage and only worry about long term when they are no longer restricted. That means, someone who makes the playoffs, but doesnt win the SB could give up a late 20's draft pick for Wallace. I would think he would be worth it, and if we cannot match the offer, he could take it. Am I being paranoid or is anyone else just a little concerned?

Veteran
    Losing Wallace would really stink, but the Wide Receiver corps has a lot of depth.

Plus, I don't think we'd lose him. They are doing a great job of getting key guys under long term deals.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You're being paranoid right now, LOL. Wallace is an RFA but the Steelers won't let him even sniff free agency. Unlike this season, where they had so many players to sign in a short amount of time, next year they will only have Wallace to really focus on. The others that signed 1 yr deals aren't on the level that he is.

The Steelers take care of their own, we've seen it time and time again, if they want Wallace they'll get him. He's had a great first 2 years, this year it's time to see him continue that growth. I would fully expect them to tender him the highest offer but still have him signed before the draft, or at worst training camp. Sometimes with veterans in the final year of their deal, they'll wait till camp to start the talks. Either way though, I wouldn't worry about it right now but I agree it's interesting to think about.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I honestly think the plan is to let hom go! IMO. He is going to think he is a top wr in this league and wont over paid. Now if he can become more than a one trick pony fine, pay him. But just going deep isnt enough! Also lets see how Sanders and Brown play out, they look good so far, and they wont go against the best corners and get nerly the duoble teams that wallace will. I would love to keep everyone, but we know our front office. santonio was the best at coming back to Ben when he was scrambling around hopefully Wallace will help him out to

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

No, Wallace isn't going anywhere...

No chance Mike Wallace isn't a Steeler next season.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sorry I don't agree with since Brown/Sanders is on the roster they will let go of Wallace....How about keeping all three together especially with Ben in his prime.....Wallace isn't a one trick pony.....His YAC was sick last year.......I still think he has work to do to be a complete WR but he isn't a one trick pony........

Mike Wallace will be resigned next year.....book it.....

Worst case scenario, we'll see him get tagged and he'll be back for one more season. The only way I see him being on a different roster next year is if the Steelers get some sort of intense trade offer for him.

I'm not worried, I think we'll franchise him.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    ill be shocked if he makes it to TC without a new deal already done...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information