Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Bill Cowher sabotaging the Steelers coaching decision???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Is Bill Cowher sabotaging the Steelers coaching decision???

Now I really dont want to believe this is occuring at all, but there is a few sources that came out last night on ESPN radio 1250 that he had told Rooney that Whiz or Grimm would not be a good fit and not good head coaches for this Steelers job. This is just absolutely unbelievable that Cowher would have the nerve and odasity to stick his nose in this coaching thing and especially screw over his two head guys that helped him win the Super Bowl more then anybody in Whiz and Grimm. If Cowher had planned on doing this after he announced his retirement being jealous or sticking his nose in who we hire then why in the hell did he retire in the first place?? Is Cowher's ego that big and he is that much of a prick that he is soo scared that if they hire Whiz or Grimm that this current Steelers team will not miss a beat with either one of them, and make Cowher look like a sorry *** and a forgotten memory here?? Its really making me wonder here based on what has occured here the last few days over the weekend with the Steelers all of a sudden out of nowhere bringing in Chan Gailey who they said Cowher recommended, and now talk of Mike Sherman being interviewed here as well the next few days. Its just weird based on the fact that on Thursday sources had said they were going to name a head coach as soon as Friday and it had been narrowed down to Whiz or Grimm, and then out of nowhere on Friday when you didnt hear anything about it here comes Chan Gailey's name.

Im sorry but this just reeks of Cowher sticking his nose in and I really think that the idea of Whiz or Grimm taking over his job within the last week has really gotten to him and gotten in his head and now he is trying to do anything he can to delay it or persuade it in another direction. I think Bill Cowher is a good coach and I respect what he did here with all his success and winning a Super Bowl. But if he dare screws things up here with the Steelers and they dont hire Whiz because of his input I will absolutely loathe Cowher and think he is a rotten piece of ****. Newsflash your retired now Bill go back to Raleigh like you have been wanting to do since last summer since your lack of focus screwed up this season and keep your *** out of the Steelers coaching business and personnel decisions. Cowher is really becoming a complete and total ******* in my book especially if he ends up affecting the Steelers final decision to who they want to be the head coach.

My Mood
    Addicted
    In all honesty I don't think the Rooneys would take Cowhers word on hiring someone or not. They may get some input from him about things or people but I doubt very much they hire someone just because he said so.
    I really think they are looking hard at Rivera and just wasting time until they can really get him.

Rooney's will hire who they will hire and i don't think anyone will sway there decision !

House of Steel
    Well you can kiss Whiz goodbye, he is going to ARIZONA. DAMN THEM ROONEYS!!!

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Yea but how did they go from being close as many said on Friday to hiring Wiz or Grimm to all of a sudden bringing in Chan Gailey out of nowhere. Cowher Im telling you guys stuck his nose in this whole thing and clearly didnot want Wiz to be the head coach because he knows how good he is and he knows they wont miss a beat with him and it will make Cowher and his huge *** ego look bad. You guys can think what you want but Cowher messed this thing up for Wiz by telling the Rooney's whatever. He has enough slack with them to get in their heads. Cowher is no good.

I cant believe how fast people turn on others, now all of a sudden the Rooneys are horrible because they didnt hire a coach within the time the FANS wanted them too and now Cowher is a jerk for suggesting a former coach that he hired??? What happened to that loyalty the Steelers are known for because its obvious the fans arent showing much to the team
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    they're horrible owners cause their minds are still in the 70s, they need a new field and refuse to do it, they need a good coach but refuse to hire one....they are horrible, and the game is passing them up
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    they're horrible owners cause their minds are still in the 70s, they need a new field and refuse to do it, they need a good coach but refuse to hire one....they are horrible, and the game is passing them up
    Ok you sir are a moron, the Rooney's are horrible owners? are you kidding???? what???? They are the model owners of any sports franchise
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    why the **** do you take everything so damn serious.....take the stick out yo ***, you are the only person that catches feelings when i say something bad about the team.........you're sutianum jr.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

IF this is something Cowher did say then it is probably because he is only pissed that he didn't get what he wanted from the Rooney's money wise. I would really like to think Cowher wouldn't do something like this because he seemed very genuine at his press conference and is at least close with Dan Rooney!

Thread Information