Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McFadden and Taylor will play against the Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

McFadden and Taylor will play against the Ravens

Signs point to the Steelers having all of their starters on defense Sunday when visit they Ravens for the regular-season opener.

Cornerbacks Bryant McFadden and Ike Taylor indicated they will play in the 1 p.m. game, barring any setbacks.

McFadden did not play in any preseason games because of the first significant hamstring injury of his career. He said after practice Monday that the cautious approach the Steelers have taken with him has paid off.
    "I feel really good now, probably the best I've felt since the injury, especially coming out of practice and doing the same thing the next day," McFadden said.
    McFadden has been hampered since the early part of training camp by what he said is a torn hamstring.

Taylor has been practicing on a regular basis, but he has done so wearing a fluorescent green cast on his left arm. The cast protects the thumb Taylor broke in the Steelers' first preseason game on Aug. 12.

Taylor is scheduled to have a pin removed from his thumb today, and when asked if he is playing against the Ravens, the ninth-year veteran smiled coyly.
    "That's up to coach (Mike Tomlin)," Taylor said, "but nine times out of nine ..."
    Taylor said he has missed only two practices since breaking his thumb. One of the best-conditioned players on the team, Taylor said endurance won't be an issue even though he played only a couple of snaps in the four preseason games because of the injury.

Outside linebacker James Harrison has been working on his stamina following two back surgeries during the offseason.

When asked where he is relative to full strength after practice yesterday, Harrison said, "Closer than I was two weeks ago. I'm not worried about my back, to be honest with you."

Harrison has been taking all manner of steps to get his back ready for the grind of the season, including acupuncture.

Harrison credits acupuncture — sessions can last as long as five hours, he said — with helping him get through last season and preparing for this one. "I'm ready to go," Harrison said, "so I'll take the punches as they come and roll with them."

thanks for posting. I have been so focused on the young guys through the preseason. I assumed Ike would be ready to go, now I can breathe a little easier. As for 92....go get em Silverback. It's gonna be a great game, lets hope we win big.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Sunshine
    If McFadden plays anything like he did last year , I hope they pull him from the game quickly. Although if they let him cover Lee Evens he shouldn't have to much trouble,

After spending time last week with his left foot in a walking boot, Evans is expected to start against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Link
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Could BMac have a bounce back year and play well??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I forgot he was on the roster. I haven't seen him play a game since 2008.

Harrison credits acupuncture — sessions can last as long as five hours, he said — with helping him get through last season and preparing for this one. "
    Interesting, right before the game he's getting stuck with pins. I always thought they just shot them up with pain killers.

Welcome back IKE!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Interesting, right before the game he's getting stuck with pins. I always thought they just shot them up with pain killers.

Welcome back IKE!
    Kerosene...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    We'd be in trouble if they didn't.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Manny Sanders will also play in week 1. Tomlin said today on Sirius that he'll be ready to go.

The good thing about this week is, even though Bouldin and Evans are good, there's a dropoff after that, perhaps the secondary won't have quite so much trouble.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You don't want to sleep on Torrey Smith though...He has very questionable hands but he is very fast........He can burn you deep......The Ravens also have two very young 2nd year TEs.....I still think the Ravens offense will trouble being in sync for this game with all the new parts but still they do have some young threats at WR/TE.......

--- Added 9/6/2011 at 01:11 PM ---

The Rats also have my boy Tandon Doss from IU.......the dude is tough and has good hands..........

Thread Information