Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future does not look good for Crosby..

Sit out the year and come back with no issues is fine with me. Although I really don't see that happening. My guess is Jan 1st get a few months to get back in shape for the playoffs and win the cup!

BTW: Fear the Turtle? WTF? hahahaha
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Sit out the year and come back with no issues is fine with me. Although I really don't see that happening. My guess is Jan 1st get a few months to get back in shape for the playoffs and win the cup!

BTW: Fear the Turtle? WTF? hahahaha
    Honestly, we would still be extremely good without Crosby assuming that the rest of the team stays healthy. Of course, having him would put us into the unreal category, but I don't think it's worth it to risk his career and rush him back on the ice this season.

BTW: Was that serious? It's UMD's slogan..

I knew someone with a similar concussion. Took 8 months just for him to stand up without becoming extremely dizzy, so sitting out a year might be best for him.

I would prefer he didn't come back at all this year if that is what it takes. They already rushed him back once and we all see where that got him. Missing an entire season is a lot better than shortening or even ending his career. I really don't expect to see him back this year. I didn't think that press conference was positive at all. I know he said he thought he'd be back this year but based on the doctors' comments I am no less concerned or assured than I was.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sid is only 24 so yea maybe sitting out the entire season would be best.....He just needs to get better and take care of himself.....I just want him back on the ice since he is so amazing to watch.....would be a tragedy if his career was cut short....

I wonder if this leads to a rules change or probably more accurate a rules adjustment. The NHL needs Crosby playing. The sport is hurting for viewers and interest and Crosby is flat out the biggest star in the game. The talk of rule changes has been going on for what seems like forever now and this could be something that finally tips the balance in that favor. I'm not saying they will or that I'm even for it but I think it is something that is worth a discussion.

You may think I'm crazy but look at what the NFL is doing to assure QBs stay on the field. If there was ever a professional sports league to mimic or take notes from the NFL would be the one. Hell, preseason games this year were getting higher tv ratings than the past 3/4 World Series.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    I wonder if this leads to a rules change or probably more accurate a rules adjustment. The NHL needs Crosby playing. The sport is hurting for viewers and interest and Crosby is flat out the biggest star in the game. The talk of rule changes has been going on for what seems like forever now and this could be something that finally tips the balance in that favor. I'm not saying they will or that I'm even for it but I think it is something that is worth a discussion.

You may think I'm crazy but look at what the NFL is doing to assure QBs stay on the field. If there was ever a professional sports league to mimic or take notes from the NFL would be the one. Hell, preseason games this year were getting higher tv ratings than the past 3/4 World Series.
    I get what you're saying, but it's a lot easier for the NFL to make rules to protect a specific position than it is for the NHL to say, "ok, don't hit Crosby, don't hit Ovechkin."

I don't think it would be all that difficult for the NHL to start actually enforcing rules regarding blows to the head that are already in place and legislate out some of the vicious hitting. Everything is theoretically already in place it is just matter of following through with harsher penalties. It is as much a change in the culture as anything pretty similar to what they are currently attempting to do in the NFL. It is something they claim to have been discussing for a while now...............

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    I don't think it would be all that difficult for the NHL to start actually enforcing rules regarding blows to the head that are already in place and legislate out some of the vicious hitting. Everything is theoretically already in place it is just matter of following through with harsher penalties. It is as much a change in the culture as anything pretty similar to what they are currently attempting to do in the NFL. It is something they claim to have been discussing for a while now...............
    I just think it'd be harder to enforce rules about hitting in a game that's all about hitting. Although, that's what we all thought about the NFL 5 years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I just think it'd be harder to enforce rules about hitting in a game that's all about hitting. Although, that's what we all thought about the NFL 5 years ago..
    Exactly my point. Plus originally it wasn't all about hitting. That is what it has become relegated to and for years the league embraced that role (or at least seemed to), but I think they should at least consider enforcing some of the changes they've claimed to have already made.

Thread Information