Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future does not look good for Crosby..

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I don't know how much treatment you can give for a severe concussion. Sounds like it kind of needs to heal itself.
    Prayer, time, laughter and maybe penicillin are the best healers.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Crosby is so talented....would be a shame to see his career end so soon......

Am I alone in being skeptical about this whole situation? A concussion so bad that it could end his career sounds a bit iffy to me. They were some tough hits, but with so much time off, I begin to wonder how much of the concussion is lingering and how over protective they may be. Nobody knows as well as Crosby, of course, but I am a bit of a doubter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Am I alone in being skeptical about this whole situation? A concussion so bad that it could end his career sounds a bit iffy to me.
    I never heard career ending mentioned until this thread. Over protective? Maybe but I have no problem with that. Look at Eric Lindros, I certainly don't want Sids career to mirror Eric's.

Maybe we will know more tomorrow.

Sidney Crosby will address the media Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 12:30 pm ET. The media conference will stream live on PittsburghPenguins.com.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Am I alone in being skeptical about this whole situation? A concussion so bad that it could end his career sounds a bit iffy to me. They were some tough hits, but with so much time off, I begin to wonder how much of the concussion is lingering and how over protective they may be. Nobody knows as well as Crosby, of course, but I am a bit of a doubter.
    I have no idea about career ending, etc. But I'll say again, I knew a kid in high school that took over 2 years to make a full recovery from a concussion he suffered in a football game, crazy I know, but it happened. I'm sure it is rare, but everyone is so different and the brain is such a mystery who knows?? I hope not cause even if I wasn't a Pens fan it would still really suck!!

Bottom line is that he should not have been able to play on Jan 5th, even if he insisted that he was good to go. He obviously wasn't.
    I agree 1000000000000000000000000%

He should of not even went back on the ice at the WC...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    i watched about 20 min. of the live conference Sid and his doctors held at Consol Energy today...sounds promising that he will play this season...when is the question...they said he was at 85-90% going almost full speed...but once he pushed himself fully, he would start getting headaches, his vision would get screwy, and his balance was off...they're still working on rehabbing that and hope that they can incorporate some hitting in the next few months so they can see how he handles it

Let's hope Geno stays healthy...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Even if he does get back on the ice this season, the question is what happens when he gets a shot to the head again? I'm not sure, but I think that once you've had a major concussion it's easier to slip back into one again.

Even if he does get back on the ice this season, the question is what happens when he gets a shot to the head again? I'm not sure, but I think that once you've had a major concussion it's easier to slip back into one again.
    That's my concern. If this thing is bad enough, a sideways fart from a gnat will probably give him another concussion. How long before some enforcer for Philly, Washington or the Islanders takes a step into him? How long is he out then?

I hate to say it, but if sitting him for an extended portion of the season meant that he would be perfect for the rest of the season/his career, I'd think that's what they would have to do.

Thread Information