Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will it be Sanders vs Brown again for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question Will it be Sanders vs Brown again for the Steelers?

Last year Mike Tomlin made it a weekly contest between then rookies Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, to see who would dress for the coming weeks game. The guy that had the better week of practice would be the one that either got a spot on the active roster for that week or if they both made it, the one that would get the most reps in the game.

Could Tomlin do as similar competition this year? If so, imagine the crazy competition that will be going on in practice every week. Both of those guys have shown remarkable potential heading into this season, and both will make big contributions to the passing game in 2011. With so many available options for Ben to throw too, perhaps he puts Sanders and Brown against each other to see who gets the lions share of the snaps, again?

Both guys should, presumably, make the active roster each week but with only so many balls to go around in a game the chances they do get will hopefully be exciting to watch.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    They both need to play! ALOT!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

They both will play a lot every game. Although there is only so many balls per game I'm pretty sure that the pass/run ratio will be much different this year. They both will should get there fair share and Hines may see his catches drop although he may steal a few that Miller got in the past.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Ya, I think Hines numbers will drop more than anyone else including Heath. I don't think you can utilize Heath much less than they already do. Plus, I see Cotch taking away some time from Hines as well. Really just about all our WRs could end the season with pretty similar numbers from the actual reception standpoint.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I am interested to see how many looks Hines Ward gets as well. I think Ben is still going to go to him when you have those clutch plays that you absolutely need. He is still money when Ben goes to him, but man the ability to stretch the field is so wide open it's amazing.

Heath and Ben and Jerricho will be the go to guys on those key 3rd down plays, but first and second down I expect to see them utlize the other 3 a lot in those middle to deep routes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Heath and Ben and Jerricho will be the go to guys on those key 3rd down plays, but first and second down I expect to see them utlize the other 3 a lot in those middle to deep routes.
    I'm guessing you meant Heath and HINES and Jerricho......

and I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I am interested to see how many looks Hines Ward gets as well. I think Ben is still going to go to him when you have those clutch plays that you absolutely need. He is still money when Ben goes to him, but man the ability to stretch the field is so wide open it's amazing.

Seems to me that Brown is the one making the clutch plays. 3rd and 19 against Baltimore, 3rd and 6 against the Jets, and both TD passes he caught in the Falcons preseason game came on 3rd and long...

I think Hines and Heath will and should be utilized most in the redzone.

I 'd like to think of it that it will be Sanders +Brown instead of Sanders vs. Brown.Should be fun watching the WR'S this season

If he does he should be fired! These guys are starters and should see equal time..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information