Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Dwyer more than capable at backup RB

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Jonathan Dwyer more than capable at backup RB

Since the debacle (in my best Bill Cowher voice) that Dwyer experienced in showing up to camp out of shape, he's turned himself around completely. He's dropped over 20 lbs and in preseason he's been showing some great moves. On the 50 yd. TD run, he put a perfect juke on the defender and just took off. Dude has some speed man, I had no clue he could run that fast. He finished the night 13 rushes for 88 yds. and 1 TD.

You have to be impressed with his work ethic and how he responded this camp and preseason. Now I know it's mostly against backups but still, I'm a lot more comfortable with the RB's now behind Mendenhall and Redman, than I was a month ago. He ran hard, tough, held onto the ball and isn't afraid to lower his shoulder and knock some guys around.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Good since you can never have enough RB's........Redman has a role on this team and its nice to know if injury does happen to Mendenhall that Dwyer can maybe step up to form a nice combo with Redman......

He was pretty impressive tonight, that's for sure. I figure eventually he'll work his way into some decent playing time for being the 4th guy. I think he is one of those guys that gets better as the game goes along too which is an attribute you love to see in a running back.

He was used to carrying the load in college and being productive. Georgia Tech only passes the ball about 10 times a game so even though everyone knew he was getting the ball he still produced which I'd say is a testament to his ability and toughness. Seems like he'll fit in quite well with the smashmouth mentality.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I had watched Dwyer at Georgia Tech and when we drafted him, I knew he had the talent to be our starter. If Mendy ever got hurt, Dwyer is a better runner and could take Mendy's job. I'm not saying, but I"m just saying..
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Deep in Enemy Territory 70 miles North of Bungleland

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    You have to be impressed with his work ethic and how he responded this camp and preseason.
    I can't help but wonder if Woodley and Company (Farrior, Harrison, Timmons had something to do with "Motivating" this young buck !

Note to Jonathan Dwyer from SteelerNation..... "Now keep your head out of your Azz and don't let it happen again !! GOT IT ???

GOOD !!!

That's the way SteelerNation operates around here!

My Mood
    Fight
    Second coming of Lendale White, he needs to personally Thank B. Batch for the roster spot IF he gets it, one game with scrubs doesn't make him that good,yet. Amazing how guys play their Arse off when it's on the line.
    Finally got to see Tate highlights, Man that is the Back I wish we had, he can either run by you are run over you and he was doing a lot of running over people not running out of bounds.
    Last edited by Blazedby92; 09-02-2011 at 04:29 AM.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

What a difference a month makes. I'm much more comfortable with the RB situation.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Imagine the battle that would have taken place if Baron Batch had not blew out his knee so early in preseason. Dwyer came out and responded to the adversity. Batch looked great for the short time he was in camp. That should be a good battle next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Imagine the battle that would have taken place if Baron Batch had not blew out his knee so early in preseason. Dwyer came out and responded to the adversity. Batch looked great for the short time he was in camp. That should be a good battle next year too.
    I think a battle next year could be even better than one this year. Batch gets an extra year to mature physically and to study the offense. It seems like he already has a decent build and vision; build upon that and he could potentially be a dangerous player.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Oh man he did a great job last night...I was as usual impressed with Redman...great spin there in the first drive...Our offense just looks so impressive this year. Oline did a good job for Charlie too

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information