Thread: Welcome back Emmanuel Sanders!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Welcome back Emmanuel Sanders!

We finally got to see Emmanuel Sanders, who's missed nearly all of camp and preseason with that foot injury that he aggravated early on after reporting to Latrobe.

He picked up right where he left off in 2010 with several big plays tonight, clearly motivated and excited to be in the game. He had 4 receptions for 60 yds in the first half (pulled in the 3rd quarter) and looked as explosive as ever, showing no ill effects from the injury. I was hoping he'd be able to come out and play against the Panthers and do some good things. With his buddy Antonio Brown getting all the attention in preseason he's on the move to show what he can do as well. I can't help but be almost giddy about this group of WR's.

Is it a good thing to have this many weapons?? Could there be tension over who gets the ball??? Wow these WR's are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Matt, took the words right out of my mouth....So happy Manny Sanders is back and ready to go.......As for Latrobe you do bring up a solid point but one thing to me it looks that the Young Money Crew are tight with one another and really don't think there be any problems among them if they're not getting the football......I think they all know their roles and are smart enough to realize they will all have chances to make plays for this team during the season......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I just heard him do a quick interview with Mike Prisuta after the game. He is clearly excited about his performance tonight. He mentioned that he wants in on the action that Antonio Brown is getting. Neither one of them is lacking in confidence that's for sure.

If tonight was any indicator I'd say he's gonna keep the Brown/Sanders debate going strong in the forum. Great to see him back and have an impact. So ready to get this season underway. Really excited to see all these WRs together on the field giving DBs all sorts of headaches.

B@G32, I have to agree with you, I think these guys will be cool with sharing the spotlight. Hines and Cotch are veterans and their commitment to team is well documented. As you said, the young guys seem to be tight and the Steelers have a knack for getting the type of character guys that put team needs ahead of their own.

Should be an electric year in the Steel City hope they got plenty of spare bulbs for the scoreboard cause we're gonna light it up!!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    It's amazing to me we haven't had any trade offers for either Brown or Sanders. Not that I would move either one. I"m really thinking that we'd be better off putting Brown or Sanders in Hines spot and moving Hines inside.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    These WR's will move around all over the place all season....book it.....Wallace will be outside mostly but even I could see him in the slot at times.......Both Sanders and Brown can rotate outside or inside.........Of course savy vets like Ward and Cotchery can to....even though at this stage of his career Ward is better off inside.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    These WR's will move around all over the place all season....book it.....Wallace will be outside mostly but even I could see him in the slot at times.......Both Sanders and Brown can rotate outside or inside.........Of course savy vets like Ward and Cotchery can to....even though at this stage of his career Ward is better off inside.....
    I hope so. I know you've been saying that for a while now and I have been with you all the way. I'm really hoping for some sort of rotation to keep them all playing quite a bit.

Miller needs a few catches too.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Heath will get his catches but you have to wonder if his amount will be reduced with all these playmakers in the passing game. I hope they still look to him several times a game, he's absolute money and still needs to be a big part of the offense.

Thread Information