View Poll Results: How will the AFC North pan out in 2011

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Steelers 2. Ravens 3.Browns 4.Bengals

    28 73.68%
  • 1. Ravens 2. Steelers 3.Browns 4.Bengals

    0 0%
  • 1.Steelers 2.Browns 3.Ravens 4.Bengals

    8 21.05%
  • 1.Ravens 2. Browns 3. Steelers 4.Bengals

    1 2.63%
  • 1. Steelers 2. Ravens, 3. Bengals 4. Browns

    1 2.63%
  • 1. Ravens 2. Steelers 3. Bengals 4. Browns

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Rank the AFC North for 2011

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Steelers: 13-3
    Ravens: 10-6
    Brown: 7-9
    Bengals: 4-12

  2. #22
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    That's false. The cardinals, packers, falcons, jets, and chiefs all have done it in recent history to name a few. Every season there is a surprise team in the NFL that no one talked about heading into the season. I'm not guaranteeing the brownies will do it but I can see it coming. Also, its too easy to just pick Steelers, ravens, browns, bengals. I'm trying to get creative and I think it as much a reflection on the ravens going the wrong way as it is the browns improving, IMO
    What do you mean you're trying to get creative? It's not up to you what team comes in first, second, third, and fourth place. The reason it's too easy is because that is what's going to happen.

  3. #23
    2nd String STEELyourface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Crested Butte CO and Charleston SC
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    What do you mean you're trying to get creative? It's not up to you what team comes in first, second, third, and fourth place. The reason it's too easy is because that is what's going to happen.
    Um, exactly what I said, I'm getting creative with my pick. I don't think the ravens are going to have a great year so I decided to go with the browns ahead of them, thought it was pretty self explanatory. On average about half the teams that make the playoffs don't do so in the following season. That change over has to come from somewhere and I see the Ravens as one of those teams.

    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by saying it isn't up to me. Obviously I have nothing to do with who finishes where in the division, nor do I recall ever making such a statement.

    At the end of the season if I'm wrong, I'll be the FIRST person to call myself stupid for predicting that but I have the right to make that prediction same as you have the right to yours. I stated in several posts I wasn't super confident about it but was gonna take a chance. The brownies are getting better and that is the way I see it. I also provided several examples of teams that turned it around quite quickly so it wouldn't be unheard of.

    --- Added 9/1/2011 at 05:44 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I don't buy into all the media hype about Colt McCoy. He appears to be a hard nosed player, but I still don't think he makes a good NFL QB.

    Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals
    Is there a bunch of media hype? I'm not saying you are wrong, that is an honest question. I hadn't noticed. I did hear people talking about how he worked out with Favre in the off season and thought it was funny that some people assumed that means he's good now. I do think he's gonna be good (not great) just a decent NFL starter.



    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    I agree, I dont think he has the arm strength for the NFL. Either way I think more often than not when he throws a 20 yard out it goes for six the other way
    I can see him being a similar style QB to Chad Pennington. Pennington was pretty good (not amazing) and just couldn't stay healthy. I think smart QBs can make their game work in the NFL without having the strongest arm. Peyton Manning doesn't have a super strong arm. I am NOT comparing McCoy to Manning, NOT AT ALL, I was just giving an example . That was definitely the knock on McCoy though coming out of college and probably the main reason he dropped to where he did in the draft.

    I do think he'll have a decent career but even as I say that I could just as easily see it not working out. The line between success and failure in the NFL is so razor thin it is tough to give a definitive answer at this point.
    Last edited by STEELyourface; 09-01-2011 at 07:05 PM.

  4. #24
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,703
    My Mood
    Manic
    I like the browns to finish ahead of the Ravens because i think the ravens gave up too many veterans

  5. #25
    2nd String STEELyourface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Crested Butte CO and Charleston SC
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I like the browns to finish ahead of the Ravens because i think the ravens gave up too many veterans
    I think that is going to be a contributing factor in why they have a decline this season for sure. I knew I couldn't be alone in thinking the brownies would take second in our division. A couple people have agreed with me but more have acted like it was the dumbest thing they've ever heard. It is certainly a possibility.

  6. #26
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If the Browns and Ravens is always a tough game. Both cities hate each other, the teams don't like each other. They are basically one in the same, which makes it a game where they beat the hell out of each other. If the Browns can get some momentum there's no reason they can't steal one from the Ravens.

  7. #27
    Draft Pick steeldoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    262
    I'm taking the brown's second. Flacco is playing like a growth retarded Vinny Testaverde look alike. They dropped both Mason and Heap who played well against the steelers. My son's HS offense is more sophisticated than the ravens.

  8. #28
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We'll find out soon enough how the AFC North will shake out, starting this weekend. The winner this weekend by no means determines the overall divisional winner but they'll certainly have an advantage being the chasee instead of the chaser in the race early.

    Those game against the Browns late in year are going to be so crucial, because nobody ever runs away with the division in the AFC North. If I remember right, both Baltimore and Pittsburgh finished with identical records the last 2 seasons. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to be similar circumstances in 2011.

  9. #29
    Starter Ibleedblk&gld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Heinz Field
    Posts
    1,732
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    We'll see. I think you forget that they were very competitive in the second half of the season last year. Don't underestimate the effect Holmgren can have on a franchise, dude knows how to rebuild.

    Steelers- 11-5 Div 5-1
    browns- 9-7 Div 3-3
    ravens- 7-9 Div 3-3
    bengals- Who Cares
    this...

  10. #30
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is the first time the Browns fans have had any realistic hope of having an improved team with a future to look forward too. Holmgren will build them a good team, he'll find good players. He's used to coaching in a tough division with big time rivalries and knows the importance of winning those types of games.

    They still aren't there yet but in the next fews the Browns could very well take over the Ravens spot as the 2nd team in this division.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 NFL Draft Preview
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM
  2. The AFC North Will Be the Best Division in 2010
    By steelersbabex25 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •