Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WVU FOOTBALL 2011

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    Steel you gotta be goin nuts.
    I went up for Gameday and to the game. Pretty disappointed by our performance. I know we lost by 26, but truthfully it was a much closer game than that. WVU needed to play damn near perfect to have a chance at winning and they kept shooting themselves in the foot. Change about 3 plays in that game and it goes down to the wire.

The atmosphere in town all weekend was electric. There were quite a few LSU fans that made the 18 hour trip up. About 8000 in the stadium and plenty more that didn't make it into the game. The 2 fanbases were getting along very well and enjoying each others company. That was great to see and part of what makes college football special.

On friday (9/23), the day before the game about 30-40 LSU students were running in and out of classes at WVU and interrupting class with LSU chants and cheers!! In my opinion, as awesome of a college prank revovling around football that I have ever heard and truly hilarious!!

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    uCONN WILL UPSET THEM LOL
    What happened to your boys? I know you were joking, but we couldn't get it going in the 1st half. I wasn't worried because of how well our D was playing and we've been a 2nd half team all season, but I was starting to wonder for a minute...........

This has been out for a while, but I thought that anyone interested that had yet to read this would really enjoy it. It is a great read even if you aren't a WVU fan:

All Access: Hunkering Down With the Mountaineers by Bruce Feldmen

It is an in-depth look at the week of prep by the WVU coaching staff going into the LSU game

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...e-mountaineers
    Last edited by STEELyourface; 10-14-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Thread Information