Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Ravens game 1 or 2?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Love

Steelers vs Ravens game 1 or 2?

Ok. Here is the question i want you to sound off on. Which game do you think will have the most fireworks? With some changes, maybe slight, made to the ravens. Will this still be the same old rivalry we're used to seeing? I think so. Remember, even though they are pitted in week 1 it can still decide who will win the division and conference and maybe a trip to Indy.

I have a pretty good feeling about the primetime game and i love primetime games. But being on the road for the first game on your nemesis' field, c'mon. This is going to bring out the best in the Steelers and the pressure will be on the ravens for wanting to win a championship. You won't want to blink.

The next one. It's always the next one. Then it will be the next one after that. It pretty much never disappoints. Sure we lose sometimes and that sucks but in the long run it just makes it better for......... you guessed it, the next one!

In a somewhat related topic I think Ray Lewis is the most overrated defensive player in NFL history. I'm NOT saying he isn't good, he is and a Hall of Famer, but he gets so much hype I think it makes it overblown.

A season (or two) back they showed his career stats vs the Steelers and it was not impressive considering how many times he's played against us in his career. I don't remember exactly but it was along the lines of 8 sacks 2 ints and 50 tackles (close to that and more now as that was at least 4 games ago). He should have some of his biggest games against his biggest rivalry if he truly is as great as he is made out to be. I know he does many things that don't show up in the stat book, mostly run his mouth and whine about calls though!

Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    The next one. It's always the next one. Then it will be the next one after that. It pretty much never disappoints. Sure we lose sometimes and that sucks but in the long run it just makes it better for......... you guessed it, the next one!

In a somewhat related topic I think Ray Lewis is the most overrated defensive player in NFL history. I'm NOT saying he isn't good, he is and a Hall of Famer, but he gets so much hype I think it makes it overblown.

A season (or two) back they showed his career stats vs the Steelers and it was not impressive considering how many times he's played against us in his career. I don't remember exactly but it was along the lines of 8 sacks 2 ints and 50 tackles (close to that and more now as that was at least 4 games ago). He should have some of his biggest games against his biggest rivalry if he truly is as great as he is made out to be. I know he does many things that don't show up in the stat book, mostly run his mouth and whine about calls though!
    If I never see that video of the dance again it will be too soon. They show it CONSTANTLY. My favorite Ray moment was Amos Zereoue running over him a la the Bus and Urlacher. Second favorite was listening to him whine after the 38 - 7 (or whatever the score was) Monday night game in Pittsburgh when they introduced the 75 year team.

2nd String
    I don't think he is overrated. I think we just have his number. He is getting old, but he has retained that killer instinct that cannot be coached. Even though I respect his athleticism, I do not like him. Not because of this uniform, but of his demeanor and history.

One of my favorite plays of all time was Steelers vs. Ravens last season. I can't remember exactly what game it was, I think it was after Troy stripped the ball from Flacco. I think it was who Moore took a hand off from Ben and ran for a TD. During the play, Lewis made contact, and to me it looked as if he made a half-tackle trying to strip the ball instead of making a solid tackle, and Moore ran through him into the end zone. Lewis was knocked to the ground in the process and watched Moore run into the endzone from his hand and knees. The was icing on the cake for that game.

I respect his ability and his achievement, as a person, he is thug.
    Last edited by Speeed; 08-29-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    BOTH!

But the first one sets the tone, besides you want to start the season 1-0 and 1-0 in the AFCN, and 1-0 against your rival. Not sure Reed and Lewis will make it hrough the entire season at this point. Lewis has been great but father time will catch up with the killer

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

When I say he is overrated, I don't mean that he isn't good. He is absolutely a Hall of Famer and has been a great player but he is way over hyped. We do have his number and he is old but thats not the reason I think he's overrated. I don't expect anyone to agree with me on this, I know it sounds crazy. I'm just not blown away by him and don't think he quite deserves the level of praise he gets. Possibly having grown up with a franchise that defines Hall of Fame Linebacker I could just be spoiled.

He does whine a lot too though, doesn't he?? T.O. did the stupid Ray Lewis dance when he scored a touchdown on the Ravens once and he whined about that. If you're going to do a 20 minute dance every time you get introduced you should probably be prepared for people to poke fun at you!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    LOL Funny stuff! He is good but makes me want to puke

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Kreider use to jack up Ray Ray all the time....I miss that....lol

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Ravens will need to win that opening game I believe a lot more then the Steelers will seeing that it's in Baltimore and the pressure of not losing your first game of the season at home to your biggest most hated rival; plus, the Steelers are still in the Ravens heads I believe big time from the two losses they suffered last season late in the year in December and in the playoff game here in January. If the Ravens do not win that game I think they are in serious serious trouble to start the year. To quote 32 I believe Joe Squats to Pee Flacco will once again sit on the pot and create another big turd against the Steelers...

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    1. Clean up the town. We will win in their house.

And their fans.

Thread Information