Antonio Brown "a little too excited"

Word to the wise for Antonio Brown...

This

This

Or This

Should not equal this

Or This

Or the result will be this

Now honestly, it's hard to fault the guy for being excited and happy to be doing so well in the league. How many 6th round draft picks have such an impact on their team, especially early on. He worked very hard in the offseason and dedicated himself to being ready to go as soon as he got his chance. He made several big catches late in the year and in the post season in 2010, and so far in 2011 he's starting off like gangbusters. I have all the love in the world for the guy and honestly it didn't really bother me much to see him do the Hines Ward dancing. However as soon as he hung on the rail on Saturday night I knew Tomlin was going to give him an earful. I actually thought it was kinda cool to see somebody get up and interact with the fans after a TD. You never see that at Heinz.

Brown did an interview after the game with Ken Laird and Guy Junker from the Trib, and he mentioned how he just got alittle carried away and excited. He said Tomlin told him, "that's not how we do things around here, be humble". I'm interested to watch how he reacts in the future now and hopefully maybe he can just tone down the celebrations just a tad. As long as he avoids the 15 yd personal fouls for unsportsman like conduct though, I'm pretty ok with it.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-29-2011 at 11:42 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I understand and I agree but at the same time you don't want to take away his excitement or confidence.....I think his swagger is a huge reason why he is having so much success even if its just preseason.....

I took a flier on Antonio in my my fantasy draft tonight.....He is my 5th WR and I drafted him in the 14th round......sorry to go off topic.....lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't care what he does as long as it doesn't involve a 15 yard penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I understand and I agree but at the same time you don't want to take away his excitement or confidence.....I think his swagger is a huge reason why he is having so much success even if its just preseason.....

I took a flier on Antonio in my my fantasy draft tonight.....He is my 5th WR and I drafted him in the 14th round......sorry to go off topic.....lol
    I agree about his swagger being part of his success.

I am so fed up with the NFL legislating all the fun out of the game. Let people celebrate when they get in the endzone, it doesn't take away from anything and its entertaining which is what this is supposed to be all about. I never had a problem with Ochocinco or T.O.'s celebrations. I don't care much for either guy but the way they celebrated never bothered me. Hell, pullling out a sharpie and signing a ball after scoring was funny as hell in my opinion and standing on the cowboys star- I LOVED that!

My Mood
    Fight
    I'm sure MT didn't say much but maybe calm down alittle, MT made it look good to veiwers and the media like he was scolding him but otherwise congrats and hey watch it next time, don't get a penalty.

OR Hey you should of been on Dancing with stars not Ward,lol
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

I understand his excitement he's working hard to be a starter and a star which will lead to a huge contract for him. We all want to see him get that. MT is doing his job and needs to make sure that he realizes a celebration can lead to a penalty and cost us a game. Emotion and excitement are part of the game but so is being smart.

As far as the rule goes I agree with it. The players were getting to carried away and a line needed to be drawn. I think there's way too much celebrating. Not so much after a td, but more on defense. You see a guy who's team is losing by 17 make a tackle and celebrate like they just won the SB.

Instead of the rule I say let the players police themselves. Sort of like Lambert did after the missed fg in the SB. Soon there would be a code that the players wouldn't break.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    RIGHT....

Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    RIGHT....
    I appreciate his youthful enthusiasm and also particularly his ability to perform in big situations. However, as he learns discipline in his route running hopefully it correlates with learning what celebrations are appropriate and NOT get a 15 yard penalty!!

i love that about him and sanders, they both get SO FIRED UP on the field, love the emotion. team mates respond to that no matter how much of a hardass tomlin wants to be

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Ditto, Tomlin has got to let them get fired up...Just no flags!

Thread Information