Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Antonio Brown "a little too excited"

Bookmark and Share
    I'm not trying to imply someone who scores a TD should flip the ball to the ref and go back to the sideline (although it would be nice - IMO), but don't do anything stupid that will cost your team a 15 yard penalty on a kickoff. When you see a pattern of behavior developing ( same penalty 2 weeks in a row), it sends up Red Flags that this needs to go away. Brown is talented and has a tremendous upside, but I can see him turning into CHad Johnson if allowed to do so. (Ocho Cinco, whoops).

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I'm not trying to imply someone who scores a TD should flip the ball to the ref and go back to the sideline (although it would be nice - IMO), but don't do anything stupid that will cost your team a 15 yard penalty on a kickoff. When you see a pattern of behavior developing ( same penalty 2 weeks in a row), it sends up Red Flags that this needs to go away. Brown is talented and has a tremendous upside, but I can see him turning into CHad Johnson if allowed to do so. (Ocho Cinco, whoops).
    I think we're all in agreement there. I said something pretty similar to that in an earlier post, but I don't see him getting as carried away as Ochocino though.

These guys are just from a slightly different generation than most of us and that is how they express themselves. I don't think it is anything selfish or specifically designed to call attention to themselves. Obviously it does call attention to them but I don't think that is the sole purpose. Chad's celebrations never bothered me either, just light hearted fun.

As long as the refs keep the flag in their belt, I'm cool with it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's a good point, he's got 2 personal fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct / excessive celebration in the preseason. He's already got a target on his back with the officials. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw the flag for anything more than a spike of the ball now.

From BRC's DroidX of Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    That is a very valid point about Hines, he's always had a variety of ways to celebrate a score and let's not forget Lynn Swann doing his fair share of celebrating too. It wasn't to the extent they do today but the things he did were that generations equivilant to current times.
    Exactly and they should be allowed to be excited and celebrate when they score a TD. Just don't get a penalty. We all agree on that. Theoretically, it could have cost us SB XVIII although I think the D would still have stopped them. I love that conversation Tomlin had with Woodley before they went out there for that last series, but I digress.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Don't wanaa offend anyone now do we Atontio. Especially the loser. Anyhow, rules are rules. One crummy penalty like that in a key game and poof... Brownie cool it.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Brown's penalties irk Tomlin

Brown's penalties irk Tomlin

Tomlin was not happy with Antonio Brown's second 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty in two games after a touchdown was scored. He was hit with one for taunting as he pointed the football toward the Falcons on way to a 77-yard touchdown reception in the third preseason game. Thursday night in Charlotte, he joined in to celebrate Jonathan Dwyer's 50-yard touchdown run and was hit with another flag.

"No excuses, man, I got to lock in and be disciplined," Brown said. "I knew the rule. I was having too much fun. Really, no excuses."

I may be old as dirt but I'm glad I got to live while good ol' football had its celebrations, lots of taunting...pointing the football at the opposing team...unthinkable!!

I know...he's got to the follow the "rules" but I still miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan4ever View Post
    I may be old as dirt but I'm glad I got to live while good ol' football had its celebrations, lots of taunting...pointing the football at the opposing team...unthinkable!!

I know...he's got to the follow the "rules" but I still miss it!
    I'm with you, the ONLY reason I don't want our guys taunting is because it is a penalty. I miss it too.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

It's Spiderman time!!

Brown attached a name to the leap he took into the Heinz Field stands after scoring Aug. 27 against the Atlanta Falcons.

"That's the Spider-Man Leap," Brown said, and explained, "because it kind of made me feel like Spider-Man."
    I love spiderman, grew up always watching the cartoons and even that show back in the day where they made him shoot out webs that looked like ropes, LOL.

Spiderman Leap? Atleast call it "Spidey Time or The Spider" or something, LOL.

Thread Information