Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown "a little too excited"

Bookmark and Share
    A little something is all right but "act like you have been there before" and expect to do it again!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think his excitement is part of his game too, he plays with a high level of emotion and intensity. He expects great things from himself every time he catches the ball. I hope he doesn't lose that emotion. As he gets more settled into the offense he'll start to find a happy medium of enthusiasm and composure.

Although if Hines keeps teaching him dance moves, there may be no stopping him. LOL

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    As far as the rule goes I agree with it. The players were getting to carried away and a line needed to be drawn. I think there's way too much celebrating. Not so much after a td, but more on defense. You see a guy who's team is losing by 17 make a tackle and celebrate like they just won the SB.
    My brother played hockey all through high school and college, and I remember when I asked him why he didn't celebrate after he scored a goal he said, "because I want the other team to know that I've scored goals before."

I don't have a problem with AB jumping into the crowd or dancing. That's not what he got flagged for and I doubt Tomlin said much about that. What got him flagged, and what Tomlin scolded him about, was when he pointed to the DB he just burned while a couple yards away from the endzone. That's taunting and that's a no no.

I prefer the Heath Miller school of TD celebrations and would like to see Brown get it out of his system before the regular season. That said, I could deal with ten or fifteen celebrations like that during the regular season if I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    My brother played hockey all through high school and college, and I remember when I asked him why he didn't celebrate after he scored a goal he said, "because I want the other team to know that I've scored goals before."
    I like your brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I prefer the Heath Miller school of TD celebrations and would like to see Brown get it out of his system before the regular season. That said, I could deal with ten or fifteen celebrations like that during the regular season if I had to.
    I agree that Heath Miller and going back Barry Sanders style is what I prefer also. But a TD celebration is really not something that bothers me.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Definitely talented, but with his antics, I can see him turning into a younger, faster version of Ocho-Cinco.

You guys are all a bunch of stuffed shirt prudes! If you get in the endzone you should be able to do a little celebrating, it's all in good fun! The "No Fun League" is trying to take all the emotion out of the game along with all the hitting and I think it's foolish.

I don't need people celebrating a tackle or a first down but a TD, c'mon. I guarantee Tomlin wasn't pissed about that at all. I'm sure he just said don't taunt which is what the penalty was for, not the celebrating. There are limits sure but are you guys really complaining about a little interaction with the fans and a goofy little dance?? Dude was just having some fun.

Having fun is one thing, but when the "fun" costs your team a 15 yard penalty, then it becomes stupid. He should know better than to taunt; that's my only issue with the whole thing.

i have no problem with the celebrations, just the taunting of the defense that resulted in a 15 yard penalty. not only does the penalty hurt the team but guys don't take it lightly when they are showed up and will look to jack u up the next chance they can get....

Thread Information