View Poll Results: Who should be the RG for the Steelers in 2011?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ramon Foster

2 5.88%
  • Tony Hills

27 79.41%
  • Doug Legursky

5 14.71%
  • Chris Scott

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your choice for Right Guard for the 2011 Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Your choice for Right Guard for the 2011 Steelers

Right Guard has been one of the most hotly contested battles in training camp and preseason. From the get go it's been a battle between Ramon Foster, Doug Legursky, Tony Hills, and Chris Scott.

Scott has fallen out of the race lately, and while Foster was solid last year he has been somewhat average this preseason so far. He's a great run blocker but from what we've seen he can get beat in the passing game and has problems recovering.

Right now it's basically between Legursky and Hills. Tony has had a great camp and really started to come on these last 2 weeks in preseason. He's in shape, slimmed down, and is more powerful than ever. I like his quick feet for a guy his size.

Legursky is just your basic all around good lineman. He can play virtually every position on the line and is the best or atleast one of the best utility lineman you'll find anywhere. Right now I could honestly go either way, but I might lean slightly towards Hills just on potential alone. If Legursky does get the job and something happens to another lineman this year, he'll move over to that position and Hills would step right in.

Credit my boy Black@Gold Forever32 for putting this idea into my head, he mentioned Steelers.com has Legursky listed as the starting RG on the depth chart as of now. We'll see how things play out this Thursday vs. the Panthers and when the cuts start coming in. Also Scott Brown of the Tribune Review tweeted:

Doug Legursky is first-team RG on Steelers' updated depth chart.
    Earlier in day Hills says he thinks decision has been made but offers nothing else.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-29-2011 at 09:30 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I just noticed Legursky was atop the depth chart and it was being reported on twitter that he is the starting RG....I'm not saying twitter is correct but just wanted to find out if the Steelers did announce a official starter at RG.....I'm a Legursky guy but I don't think he is a 16 game starter in the NFL but is solid enough to be a backup who can spot start a couple games during a season......

Personally if its not Hills then I want Legursky.....Foster has been a big pile of cow dung so far this preseason.......

My Mood
    Clowns
    My vote is for Hills as well he has looked great so far in pre-season and appears ready to take over a starting role...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know the Steelers love their established veterans, which would lean more towards Legursky getting the job. Considering that Leftwich is gone for now atleast a couple months with that broken arm, they may be worried about starting Hills at RG and risk getting Ben killed. I'm not saying Hills is any better or worse than Legursky necessarily but when you also factor in that J. Scott is the starting LT, they may want all the established veteran help they can find to start out. I'm anxious to see how it plays out.

I would like to see them give Hills a shot, I think he's got all the potential in the world to be great and just needs experience.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Here is another thing....Has Foster really played at RG much this preseason?....I have noticed him playing a ton of snaps at LG so far......I think his skill set is far better at RG then LG.......

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    if you woulda told me 2 months ago id vote for hills, id say you were nuts
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    if you woulda told me 2 months ago id vote for hills, id say you were nuts
    Same here. I voted for Hills. He made a good block on first TD in Atlanta game, but Legs block was the key one. Anyhow I still voted for Hills.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I like both Legursky and Hills. I'd be happy with either one of them.
    They'll both see time this season,we all know how this goes.
    I voted for Hills because of his size and quickness off the ball but Doug
    showed he can man up and get things done if he's called upon.

Deep in Enemy Territory 70 miles North of Bungleland
    I think this is Tony's year to come out of his shell and show us what he's capable of doing.

--- Added 8/29/2011 at 10:17 PM ---

Hey Blitz, How about a thread like this for Starting LT ??

Hills. Let's get the future O-line on the field and playing together so they can build the rapport they need to be truly successful. That being said if they don't go with Hills then I'm ok with Legursky.

Thread Information