Thread: Draft Question

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Draft Question

Hello all,
    Just wondering when you think the Steelers need to start thinking about drafting another QB? Charlie is obviously up in age and I don't see Dixon as the furture of the team and Lefty might not be here next year. I really liked Mallet and was hoping we could have got him somehow. I think he is the type of player that could work good in the Steelers system. Other thoughts??

Tebow..

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    We aren't much different then Indy in that we rely on the skill set of our QB. Yes we can play small ball when he's out, but not for long. We'll never find a Ben out there again. It will take time to recover. I doubt we'll seriously address it until we absolutely have to. It won't happen often when we get the #11 pick.

i would say probably 2 of the next 3 or 4 year we'll see them take a mid round QB hoping they can turn him into something (similar to dixon, just hopefully more talented)

at the point we lose ben for good for whatever reason id imagine we would be picking top 10 and have a top prospect fall to us, ala ben

I'd look for them to draft a QB any time in the next several drafts when the following conditions are in place:

1 only when they find a guy they like as a project
    2 is someone that slips down in the draft to them
    3 is the highest rated player on their board
    4 grades out above an immediate need

I don't see it as something they have a "must address" attitude about because there are several ways to acquire a solid backup QB

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well looking at this team next year there isn't many holes.......DB, OG, NT........So if a development prospect is there in the 3rd-5th round when the Steelers pick then I could see them drafting a QB to groom.......

Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    I'd look for them to draft a QB any time in the next several drafts when the following conditions are in place:

1 only when they find a guy they like as a project
    2 is someone that slips down in the draft to them
    3 is the highest rated player on their board
    4 grades out above an immediate need

I don't see it as something they have a "must address" attitude about because there are several ways to acquire a solid backup QB
    theres a huge difference between acquiring a solid backup, grooming a solid backup, and drafting someone to groom as a replacement...i dont want a backup, we wont need a solid backup thats easy but when besn time gets closer we have to look at replacments, not clipboard holding game managers

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Can we draft Gunner Kiel now?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    theres a huge difference between acquiring a solid backup, grooming a solid backup, and drafting someone to groom as a replacement...i dont want a backup, we wont need a solid backup thats easy but when besn time gets closer we have to look at replacments, not clipboard holding game managers
    I understand that and that is essentially what I was saying. They can get a backup in many ways and won't need to get one through the draft.

I was saying that if they had there eye on someone for the future and those circumstances I listed were to happen they may go ahead and take the future QB any time over the next several years (allow him to sit and learn similar to what GB did w/ Rodgers) but they can wait for the right situation because they don't have (or need) a "must address" attitude about the situation.

Does that clear up what I was saying for you? Cause I agree with what you said I was just stating how it may come about in the somewhat near future. I guess in a way what I'm saying is the QB of the future may come to us w/o us actively going after him, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by STEELyourface; 08-29-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Thread Information