Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Antonio Brown even real?!

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Who makes the number 5 spot? Who is 2, 3, and 4? Is ward still 2????

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    At this point, I think 3, 4, and 5 will all be pretty equal in production.

Rookie Free Agent
    Now we know why they offered plex the league min. The best part about this team is they have so much depth they could afford to rest injured players.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Who makes the number 5 spot? Who is 2, 3, and 4? Is ward still 2????
    Ward will still line up opposite Mike Wallace, but you'll see more and more guys like Wallace and hopefully Sanders getting in 3 WR sets. We saw last year as well at times, Wallace and Sanders on the field, or Ward and Sanders, etc. This gives the WR's a breather for a play or 2 without compromising a potential big play. As soon as Wallace gets on the field you'll have literally 3 big play threats that can all be virtually interchangeable. Then you factor in the reliable Ward, Cotchery, and Heath Miller and good God is that going to be wicked!

Watching Brown the last 2 weeks and in camp, his concentration on the ball is so focused it's you're watching a savvy veteran out there. He's got supersonic speed and and he can go up in traffic to come down with it. The 2nd TD where it was nearly picked off by Grimes, was an wobbly pass by Ben but it had just enough on it and Brown was able to stay focused in the end zone and come down with.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    At this point, I think 3, 4, and 5 will all be pretty equal in production.
    Ya, I agree. Really, I think after Wallace it could be a revolving door of receivers all game long and production wouldn't be sacrificed. My thing is, all these guys can be used and relied upon so use them all and wear the opposing D out while keeping our guys fresh all game long.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Ya, I agree. Really, I think after Wallace it could be a revolving door of receivers all game long and production wouldn't be sacrificed. My thing is, all these guys can be used and relied upon so use them all and wear the opposing D out while keeping our guys fresh all game long.
    Exactly. For the first time in a long time all 5 starting WRs have a chance to make big plays. It's not like last season when we would all sigh as soon as Randle El came into the game.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    One half of football he had 4 catches for 137 yds. and 2 TD's. That is monstrous. Not a big guy, but Great hands & lightening fast with his routes looking almost perfect. Given Brown's game right now, the Steelers can afford to be conservative on Sanders' return. Let him heal up 100%. Wallace, Brown, Sanders is pure speed, add Ward, Miller and Cotchery, we might just have the best in the league.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 08-28-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Just admit that Brown could be as good as Wallace by the end of the year. Brown being covered by a subpar CB or safety will result in a lot of passes his way. I really think Brown could be our #2 WR by week 3 or 4. The fact that he is coming down with EVERYTHING thrown his way and his incredible speed/quickness/acceleration has to let the coaches know that keeping him off the field is just plain stupid. The guy is a threat to make a "splash play" every down.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    One half of football he had 4 catches for 137 yds. and 2 TD's. That is monstrous. Not a big guy, but Great hands & lightening fast with his routes looking almost perfect. Given his progress, the Steelers can afford to be conservative on Sanders' return. Let him heal up to 100%. Wallace, Brown, Sanders is pure speed, add Ward, Miller and Cotchery, I honestly think we have one of the best, if not the best groups in the league.
    At the very least, we have the deepest! If they aren't the best they certainly could be by the end of the season.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    Just admit that Brown could be as good as Wallace by the end of the year. Brown being covered by a subpar CB or safety will result in a lot of passes his way. I really think Brown could be our #2 WR by week 3 or 4. The fact that he is coming down with EVERYTHING thrown his way and his incredible speed/quickness/acceleration has to let the coaches know that keeping him off the field is just plain stupid. The guy is a threat to make a "splash play" every down.
    Right, they can't double up on everybody and no one is gonna put just 1 DB on Wallace.

Thread Information