Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK fan needs advice on getting to a home game

Bookmark and Share
    Where is the best place for seats - I'm looking for a good view and good experience. Is the Upper level any good or the Club level better?
    FoggBloke
    Windsor
    www.langtonhouse.co.uk

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggbloke View Post
    Where is the best place for seats - I'm looking for a good view and good experience. Is the Upper level any good or the Club level better?
    You can't really buy tickets on the club level unless you're ready to throw down atleast $1500. I've sat on the lower portion of the upper level for years and never had any problem. As a matter of fact, the first ever game that I went to, my Dad and I were given club seats from my uncle's friend's neighbor who was a season ticket holder, and let me tell you if you're looking for the experience, get seats on the upper deck.

I can get one in section 237 - is this any good?
    FoggBloke
    Windsor
    www.langtonhouse.co.uk

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

This is my personal opinion but I'll throw it out there in case you find it helpful.

I would sacrifice gaining altitude (within reason) for being as close to on the 50 yard line as possible. I'm not saying sit in the very last row of the upper deck on the 50 over club level 30 yd line but it can suck to get stuck in one endzone.

That is just my opinion everyone likes different locations but as a general rule for seeing the whole field and ALL the action a little higher up and on/close to the 50 is better than many options.

I'm writing this based on the assumption you don't have a ton of American football experience since you are from England and the types of ?s you are asking. Sorry if that is an incorrect assumption I certainly don't mean to offend.

On the same note, if it helps you can think of it the same as soccer when it comes to where and why it is a good seat.

Thanks for the advice. I have been watching since the 70's and been to all the UK International Series at Wembley (last year was the 49'ers and Broncos) but I'm asking the questions instead of assuming I know the answers - you guys have been there and know - I don't and don't want to make a stupid mistake!
    Anyway - just bought my ticket for the Dec 4th game - Section 237 !!!! Better go get a flight and hotel now!!!!
    FoggBloke
    Windsor
    www.langtonhouse.co.uk

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Keep us updated on your travel plans. We do tailgates every home game, they're always a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggbloke View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I have been watching since the 70's and been to all the UK International Series at Wembley (last year was the 49'ers and Broncos) but I'm asking the questions instead of assuming I know the answers - you guys have been there and know - I don't and don't want to make a stupid mistake!
    Anyway - just bought my ticket for the Dec 4th game - Section 237 !!!! Better go get a flight and hotel now!!!!
    Good to hear, I'm sure you'll have a blast in the 'burgh. Make sure to eat a sandwich from Pirmanti Bros. for me, it's been too long! Again, I wasn't saying you didn't know football just wasn't sure how much info you were asking for regarding where to sit so I just told you how I try to do it.

Cheers!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Take lots of pics when you're there dude. I'll try and take some tomorrow at the game to give you an idea of the view from your seats.

From BRC's DroidX of Awesomeness

My Mood
    Buzzed
    there's a holiday inn right near Pittsburgh Mills Mall thats only $120 a night. You would have to drive about 10 min to the stadium, but parking is not as bad as some might say. We parked in a 6 story garage about a 2 min walk from heinz and partied with every tailgater on the way down lol. While you're there, check out Calico Jacks on the north shore, amazing before and after party with awesome food. I'll be at the Pats game on Oct 30, can't ****in wait!
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 08-27-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Thread Information