Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Not in Top 5 Accurate QBs 2011

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where

Ben Not in Top 5 Accurate QBs 2011

That's right. Why, because Ben is in a category all of his own. No other current QB is in this category. He can run, he can throw, he can block and he can tackle. How you gonna compare any other QB to that. He is also accurate. More than Vick (#5) I'd bet. Watchin latest release on these stats from ESPN. Just look at the top 5. It is Hollywood versus Homewood.

Numbers do not tell the true story.

And their fans.

It's because he isn't a fantasy football god. Let these other guys win fantasy championships; I'll take meaningful wins.

Who cares what they type..

Who cares? As long as he's in the top 5 among the QBs with multiple Super Bowl wins, that's all that matters.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yeah. The Steelers suck, Ben sucks, Harrison is a killer

My Mood
    Manic
    Let me first say that as a true sports fan i'm ashamed to say that ESPN was born in CONNECTICUT . they turned a great network into a joke that fabricates stories embelishes the facts and is centered around the shock value angle . therefore i pay little attention to this once great network and there cast of clowns

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben is never going to be the Hollywood, NFL golden boy, Quarterback that the league wants to promote. He does things the down and dirty way, the old school way. He doesn't have the line that Manning or Brady has, he does it the old fashioned way and that's just right for us.

I've always said, if you put Manning or Brady or any other top QB in the league behind the Steelers offensive line over the last 5 years, there is no way they have the stats or championships that they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Let me first say that as a true sports fan i'm ashamed to say that ESPN was born in CONNECTICUT . they turned a great network into a joke that fabricates stories embelishes the facts and is centered around the shock value angle . therefore i pay little attention to this once great network and there cast of clowns
    COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE DUDE. ESPN went from being a legit sports news network to the national enquirer of sports journalism. That network is one steaming pile of ****. They are far more concerned with having stupid catchphrases (Stuart Scott especially) to cater to the younger generation. Its all flash and no substance. And the talking heads on nfl network aren't much better especially sanders, irvin and that windbag rich Eisen.

When it comes to these rankings I don't get too worked up. Usually I will for a second but then u actually look at these stupid lists and polls and 9 times out of 10 the results are a polarity contest and not based on actual performance. The top 100 players of 2011 show on ESPN was laughable. Ray lewis at number 4? LOL. Completely invalidated.

As far as ben, he doesn't get his due because of gay *** fantasy football. Im sorry I despise than nonsense. Im a defensive guy and that garbage is mostly predicated on offensive numbers. Yes I know there's leagues where you can draft defenses by individual player but even still. No interest at all whatsoever. I don't care what numbers Vick, matt Ryan, Phil rivers, etc put up, there is not a chance in hell they are better than #7. I'll take a winner over a stat guy who chokes in a big spot, and that goes for Peyton as well.....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Ben is never going to be the Hollywood, NFL golden boy, Quarterback that the league wants to promote. He does things the down and dirty way, the old school way. He doesn't have the line that Manning or Brady has, he does it the old fashioned way and that's just right for us.

I've always said, if you put Manning or Brady or any other top QB in the league behind the Steelers offensive line over the last 5 years, there is no way they have the stats or championships that they do now.
    That's exactly what I tell all these idiots I know who constantly go on about ben being "overrated" and "nowhere near brady or manning". The things i've actually heard people say are so stupid these people should have their heads examined. I've had colts fans tell me ben won Sb 43 because he had a great d, OLINE AND RUN GAME (both sucked miserably in 08) while Peyton pretty much singlehandedly won Sb 41 with a team that had no d, no run game and no oline. I **** you not. I don't even need to break this down, we all know how STUPID that statement is. All im gonna say is Peyton's super bowl mvp is the most undeserved mvp since Larry f'ing brown.....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I have to agree with you, it pretty much sucks these days. It didn't used to be that way though, man. It used to be this awesomely entertaining independant station that did things there own way and was fun to watch.

I put it all on Disney/ABC. Ever since they bought ESPN it has steadily declined in quality. I REALLY think that is where it all went wrong. I don't think its a coincidence that they started sucking right around that time.

I think ESPN Radio still has some of that independant spirit that ESPN itself once posessed though. As for college football coverage, no one even comes close to ESPN's coverage so if you are a fan of NCAAF you are stuck with them.

Thread Information