Thread: High hopes for Crezdon Butler, Curtis Brown, and Cortez Allen not panning out yet.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

High hopes for Crezdon Butler, Curtis Brown, and Cortez Allen not panning out yet.

Guard Doug Legursky (leg), linebacker Jason Worilds (quad) and cornerback Donovan Warren (hip flexor) have new injuries. ... Tomlin said the cornerbacks "did a better job in this game and we'll expect it to continue." One problem for them has been getting some back on the field, including Crezdon Butler (thigh), rookie Cortez Allen (hamstring) and starter Bryant McFadden (hamstring).
    Brown played a little bit in the Eagles game but he left with an injury too. We haven't heard much about it so hopefully it's not serious. Brown though along with Butler and Allen have practiced very little since they first got injured in camp. They haven't played in any preseason games so far either. There is still a week to go before the Atlanta game so perhaps they can start to get back on the field.

Either way these guys are missing so much time it's not even funny. The biggest preseason game is coming up for them too. That's the 4th game against the Panthers. The starters will play into the 3rd quarter most likely against the Falcons so there will be limited options for the younger guys that week traditionally. Still, between all those injuries and Taylor's broken thumb along with McFadden's hamstring, who knows how good the CB's will be on opening weekend. I would expect Flacco go after them early and often knowing full well most of them haven't practiced or played much since camp started.

I was really hoping to see Butler narrow the gap and get more time, but not yet.

You meant to say Cortez Allen in title

I hope they get healthy soon. We need the help

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    You meant to say Cortez Allen in title

I hope they get healthy soon. We need the help
    thanks, fixed it.

Now Warren has an injury too. If he can't go on Saturday they'll be even more thin at CB. The only constant has been Will Gay.

My Mood
    Manic
    LEWIS LOOKED BETTER against the Eagles

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Lewis looked good in preseason last year until he had that epic meltdown and then went in the doghouse. He needs to have 2 more games like that to secure a possible spot on the roster, even then it's no guarantee. The others being injured has helped his case but he's still no lock IMO.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    McFadden talking to Ken Laird from the Trib:

Says it's getting there, making progress to get back on the field. Says hamstring has been an issue since training camp. He says he can ease through practice, but can't do it during a game of course. Says he wants to make sure he doesn't rush back and have this linger all year.
    He also said he's hoping to play in the preseason yet, possibly this weekend.

Thread Information